HTC Touch Pro 2

NetSpike

Does anyone know when the HTC Touch Pro 2 is coming to South Africa?

I need to upgrade my phone and I'm looking into the HTC phones.

bucktsai

HTC touch pro 2 release date

E-mailed Leaf and MTN. They say either June/ July. They also say the price will be sky high. As long as the price is not too much differ to touch pro 1, then it should be fine.

I am willing to wait for the HTC touch pro 2. I strongly believe that I will ENJOY using that phone than any other Pocket PC phone. Since HTC is the pioneer of the Pocket PC phone. It takes years of experience to make sure the software side is smooth running.

Grimspoon

Executive Member
Jeeez HTC don't stop do they? They on a serious roll..

I have the Diamond and I have to say after using the iPhone I just go, HTC have a LONG way to go, well when I say HTC I should say Windows because the win mobile software is so unpolished it is not even funny.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
I just saw this phone on the net. OMG! I think I had an orgasm :eek: Can one not import these phones from international stores rather?

SYNERGY

Executive Member
I agree with Grimspoon. Hardware is perfect :) W Mobile will leave you running for the hills!

Grimspoon

Executive Member
I agree with Grimspoon. Hardware is perfect :) W Mobile will leave you running for the hills!
I wouldn't say the hardware is perfect either - if you have never used an iPhone and have a touch screen HTC, preferably the Diamond or one of the new models, do yourself a favour and try using the iPhone just for a little bit, flip around the screen etc. You will be amazed at how crap the HTC screens are. You have to push so much harder and a lot of the time smaller touches on my diamond don’t work. The iPhone is a breeze from this aspect.

Personally HTC's need a lot of work, I am not sure what the other touch screen phones are like on the market, I haven’t had a chance to use any.

Spabel

I wouldn't say the hardware is perfect either - if you have never used an iPhone and have a touch screen HTC, preferably the Diamond or one of the new models, do yourself a favour and try using the iPhone just for a little bit, flip around the screen etc. You will be amazed at how crap the HTC screens are. You have to push so much harder and a lot of the time smaller touches on my diamond don’t work. The iPhone is a breeze from this aspect.

Personally HTC's need a lot of work, I am not sure what the other touch screen phones are like on the market, I haven’t had a chance to use any.
this is the classic response from not knowing the difference between capacitive vs resistive touch. read up on it - it's not HTC's hardware at fault it's winmo that cannot accomodate capacitive touch. if winmo were capacitive touch friendly then HTC would have had devices with capacitive touch screens no doubt. then you would have tossed the iphone and slept with your HTC ;)

Grimspoon

Executive Member
this is the classic response from not knowing the difference between capacitive vs resistive touch. read up on it - it's not HTC's hardware at fault it's winmo that cannot accomodate capacitive touch. if winmo were capacitive touch friendly then HTC would have had devices with capacitive touch screens no doubt. then you would have tossed the iphone and slept with your HTC ;)
Ahhh ok, thanks for that info Spabel, I honestly never knew that.

So in essence we can blame just about everything on WM. :D

dalmine007

Guys I have both and use both, iphone and xperia(HTC built) and I think both have there advantages, will agree the touch screen on the iphone is worlds apart especially the multi tap, but then it has it's disadvantages also eg No garmin no tom tom, no mms (should be out in ver3 software) 2meg camera,
Ok iphone is easy to use which i appreciate but I also appreciate the configurability of the wm devices. Guys I think let's wait for the like's of the n97, SE idou, Omnia HD etc, hope fully they give us the best of apple and wm but then again might have to have three phones

Spabel

yeah winmo has a long way to go. just remember that those nice screens on the iphone dont work if you have gloves on, or use a stylus that does not conduct.

my tytn2 frustrates the hell out of me because of the touch screen issues, and from what i've heard the newer htc devices are much more sensitive with improved versions of touchflo etc. whic all help.

in the end i believe capacitive touch is the way to go, i just hope winmo can support it in version 7. problem with that is if you have an older device (current new device) winmo 7 wont work on it....

ah, what the hell maybe i should just upgrade to a stupid paperweight of a phone with a nice hd pvr or something :p

LandyMan

Executive Member
We received a couple of Pro 2s last week for testing ... Haven't personally seen one of them, but might get to have a look next week

Vixremento

It was this or the N97 for me and something about this one just tickles my fancy - I really want it (plus the N97 is going to be ludicrously expensive). So after a bit of looking around I found that I can get hold of one from Hong Kong but I'm just a little worried about the compatibility on our networks - anyone able to give me more info on that please?

I know that the manuals will probably come in chinese or japanese or something but I don't really care because I never read the manuals anyway (plus I could always get them online if I ever needed to).

Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated!

xrapidx

Honorary Master
My contract is up with MTN at the end of July (THANK GOD) - I wonder if it'll be available from Vodacom yet - otherwise I'll port to prepaid and wait for it.

Touch Pro 2 does look awesome. It is available from Expansys Hong Kong for HKD5900. Also clove and devicewire in the UK have it.

I live in Hong Kong, and its not released officially here(as is I assume the chinese version is still coming). The version on sale with expansys is the UK version. Sim unlocked of course. No compatibility issues.

Looking at getting one of these myself.

Every second person here seems to have an Iphone, and admittedly, only used one for a short period of time myself. Still looks like a bit of a toy to me though. I would hate to drop this, does not seem to have any meat, but hey, everyone has opinions.

Personally, the only thing that the Iphone has going for it is the app store. A nice central place to get everything. Asside from that, ???;)