Huawei B 315 set data limit per device

PsyWulf

Executive Member
OK. Sorry for not explaining properly. I do it for people as a side hustle. I first bridge your current router and I'll install a new router that runs a version of openwrt. It allows you to set data quota either per device or per user (this is good for users with multiple devices). It also allows you to set what happens once a user depletes their daily allocation, either shutdown internet or throttle them. And also, it can also set guest network so you can give your guests allocations for each of their devices. That way they don't blow through your monthly cap in a few hours.
I'm pretty stunned..

marioat1

Expert Member
OK. Sorry for not explaining properly. I do it for people as a side hustle. I first bridge your current router and I'll install a new router that runs a version of openwrt. It allows you to set data quota either per device or per user (this is good for users with multiple devices). It also allows you to set what happens once a user depletes their daily allocation, either shutdown internet or throttle them. And also, it can also set guest network so you can give your guests allocations for each of their devices. That way they don't blow through your monthly cap in a few hours.
That's a very I,elegant solution, your side hustle.
Are you psychic?

nukman5000

Hi
How do I set a data limit for each device that connects to the router?
And can I specify different limits for different times?

I have a 40GB anytime and 40GB midnight to 07:00 package

I have installed the Huawei hilink application but don't seem to find any settings that I can manage the data usage

Thanks

You can bridge a third party router that not only gives you the ability to set data limits per device but also at a per user level, that is, since each user can have an average of 3 devices, you limit their data for all devices. I can also set day and night data. It's a custom firmware. Let me know if you're interested.

SusanH

Hi, do you have something that shows how much data each device that is connected to the router is using? I am happy to turn them off manually with the app, just need to see who is using what amount

nukman5000

Hi, do you have something that shows how much data each device that is connected to the router is using? I am happy to turn them off manually with the app, just need to see who is using what amount
Try using gargoyle firmware. It has those features.