Huawei B315s-936 Admin password

jarnol

Can anyone please help? Just before lockdown I bought a Vodacom LTE router (Huawei B315s-936). LTE works fine, but I cannot log into the router console (192.168.8.1). I have tried admin / admin, admin / vodacom, admin / password, admin / {WiFi key}...

Numerous calls to Huawei end with them telling to call Vodacom and Vodacom keeps telling me to talk to Huawei.

chrisc

Executive Member
Did you hold down the button for 30 seconds and then restart it?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Make you to auto cap the first letter. If you are logging in and use Admin instead of admin.

I never owned a Vodacom branded router before but maybe Vodacom has added their own password in the firmware.

jarnol

Make you to auto cap the first letter. If you are logging in and use Admin instead of admin.

I never owned a Vodacom branded router before but maybe Vodacom has added their own password in the firmware.
Thanks. Tried this as well with no luck. Does anyone have a connection at Vodacom that could help?

rkcj

I know this is an obvious answer, but my B315 has the user name and password on a sticker on the bottom of the router.

lsheed_cn

Expert Member
its usually admin / admin

Worst case you can reflash the thing, although you need a male -> male cable, and need to open it up to short 2 pins.

I've been busy playing with making customized firmware for mine this last few days, as I've been bored.
Everything configurable is in an xml file, so updating isn't too bad, although need to I rebuild firmware, insert telnet for remote config, flash on my test device.