Huawei B315s-936 Modem and Rain

GrantS46

Hi Everyone.

My first thread on MBB, I was wanting some clarification please. I've been using my Rain Sim in my Huawei P30 Lite and not been impressed with the speeds avg:10-12 Mbps.

A friend of mine has immigrated to the UK this week and has given me his Huawei B315s-936. I inserted the rain Sim card in and was surprised that the speeds increased dramatically +15Mbps. I understand the basic concepts about bands and how they have an effect on the speeds. I was wondering if this router has band 2600mhz which i belive rain supports? If so how can I force it into that specific band (provided my tower supports it)?

Another strange thing is that my P30 lite supports carrier aggression and has bands 1800 and 2600mhz yet the router has a fast speed test? Any idea what it could be despite my P30 lite having a higher Cat rating than the router itself? Any help/clarification will be greatly appreciated.

PS: Im using the standard aerials it router came with.

Dan C

Honorary Master
The B315s-936 does not support 2600mhz range. It's more than likely that it was a Telkom modem which is geared for 2300mhz . I have the very same router and it works fine on 1800mhz with RAIN.

I do believe that Rain can't aggregate .. maybe @cavedog can explain this again :p

router.png

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi Everyone.

My first thread on MBB, I was wanting some clarification please. I've been using my Rain Sim in my Huawei P30 Lite and not been impressed with the speeds avg:10-12 Mbps.

A friend of mine has immigrated to the UK this week and has given me his Huawei B315s-936. I inserted the rain Sim card in and was surprised that the speeds increased dramatically +15Mbps. I understand the basic concepts about bands and how they have an effect on the speeds. I was wondering if this router has band 2600mhz which i belive rain supports? If so how can I force it into that specific band (provided my tower supports it)?

Another strange thing is that my P30 lite supports carrier aggression and has bands 1800 and 2600mhz yet the router has a fast speed test? Any idea what it could be despite my P30 lite having a higher Cat rating than the router itself? Any help/clarification will be greatly appreciated.

PS: Im using the standard aerials it router came with.
The B315s-936 does not support 2600mhz range. It's more than likely that it was a Telkom modem which is geared for 2300mhz . I have the very same router and it works fine on 1800mhz with RAIN.

I do believe that Rain can't aggregate .. maybe @cavedog can explain this again :p

View attachment 696695

The B315s-936 does not support 2600MHz B38 but does support 2500Mhz B41 which contains Band 38 so yet it will work however you would need to use a band tool to force this specific band.

Have a look at my thread here.
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/using-telkom-b315-to-connect-to-rain-band-38.991442/

GrantS46

Hi DanC and Cavedog.

Thanks for the help and clarification. Will install the file as stated in the thread and hopefully this make a difference. Any idea why the modem is giving a higher speed test compared to my phone which has both the 1800mhz and 2600mhz frequencies? Thanks again.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Hi DanC and Cavedog.

Thanks for the help and clarification. Will install the file as stated in the thread and hopefully this make a difference. Any idea why the modem is giving a higher speed test compared to my phone which has both the 1800mhz and 2600mhz frequencies? Thanks again.
The router will give you better results due to the antennae and better hardware. The positioning of the device is very important. For example if I move my modem 1 metre from where it is now it drops about 2 bars :p

morbill

Using the ussd code *#0011#, phone , will give you information regarding the mobile tower you are connected to

GrantS46

Hi Cavedog, thank you for the help. Managed to config my router to the 2600mhz band I believe. The console window showed "success". My only issue is how do I revert back to default settings. My signal on the 2600mhz band is terrible (1 bar) and my up and down speeds are shocking. I wouldplease like my router to auto set the band, any idea how I can possibly do this?
Thanks in advance.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Hi Cavedog, thank you for the help. Managed to config my router to the 2600mhz band I believe. The console window showed "success". My only issue is how do I revert back to default settings. My signal on the 2600mhz band is terrible (1 bar) and my up and down speeds are shocking. I wouldplease like my router to auto set the band, any idea how I can possibly do this?
Thanks in advance.
One of those batch files are called "All", run that.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks in advance.
Run the LTE_all.bat file or log into router and select 3G Only mode then 4G Only mode again.