Huawei E5331 Battery

Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can get a NEW battery for the Huawei E5331 (MiFi) device?
Mine doesn't last very long anymore (3 - 4 hours when I'm on duty) and would like to get a new one (when it was new, and for a long time, it would last 8 to 10 hours)

FlashSA

Executive Member
I was going to suggest a car charger - I have my mifi connected to a car charger (cigarette lighter) 24/7 (Ford Ranger powers all 3 of it's power points even when the engine is off). It is awesome that way as my vehicle is a permanent hotspot :)

I was going to suggest a car charger - I have my mifi connected to a car charger (cigarette lighter) 24/7 (Ford Ranger powers all 3 of it's power points even when the engine is off). It is awesome that way as my vehicle is a permanent hotspot :)
I considered that, but I was warned about it draining my car battery if I left it on and left the vehicle for a period of time.
Suffice to say, I got over that idea because I generally use it on duty and such with me as my WiFi.
It normally lasts me about 4 hours - 5 if I don't browse alot.
My 3 batteries have still not arrived, but I'm patient these days.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
My ford fiesta and focus do the same. Its wonderful....bought a 24W dual charger for my car in UK. Phone changes 100% in an hour

FlashSA

Executive Member
My ford fiesta and focus do the same. Its wonderful....bought a 24W dual charger for my car in UK. Phone changes 100% in an hour
Yeah it is really cool. Even better is the beast of a battery Ford has fitted to the T6 Ranger (105ah) which could power the mifi for a week or more so there is no risk of a flat battery.

Reminds me, my wife has been asking me to do the same setup in her Ecosport.... must plug my car charger in and see if her outlets are also 24/7...

FlashSA

Executive Member
Did any of you receive your order of batteries from that Deal Extreme site? Wanting to order but.....

CB40

From Huawei online support today."We don't advise client to buy batteries,However we advise client to bring the devices for assessment"
Money making racket again :mad:

Voodoo

@AfriGenie I also have one of your E5331's. I am also having a mission to get a battery. Can you please assist me in getting one here in SA?

FlashSA

Executive Member
Anyone else from Afrihost that can assist? :crying:
Easiest, cheapest and quickest fix for a tired mifi battery: buy a power bank and tape/velcro the mifi to it. Problem solved! The E5331 only has a 1500mah battery. A 2000mah power bank can be had for under R100. Spend a little more and you'll gain operating time over the original battery for not much weight penalty.

Voodoo

Oh well, seems Afrihost is not wanting to help.

My PM was ignored and my post here also goes unanswered. Very unfortunate as Afrihost used to have excellent service.

Voodoo

Just got an email from Huawei.

They say they cant sell me a new battery. I have to send my device to Johannesburg to be booked in. :wtf: Now that is just crazy. Will stay far away from any Huawei product in future.

(And Afrihost support is still dead. :sick:)