Huawei Matebook X Pro

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
So I have had the Matebook X Pro for a few weeks and it has been an interesting experience as I am not big on laptops. Typically I just have the one from work and then there is one here at home that we share, a 3 year old HP, funnily enough my work laptop is also an HP, I am sick of both them as the experience is subpar.

The Matebook X Pro is certainly a step up from the laptops I have with it bringing:
- 13.9inch 3000x2000 sRGB Touchscreen
- 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
- Intel i7 th generation (i7-10510U)

Weighing in at 1.33kg with its high quality metallic body, it is a truly premium machine for both work and play, the display is simply stunning, it’s always so refreshing to look at a higher resolution laptop display, makes it that much easier to enjoy getting stuff done on it. The screen is vibrant, colours pop and fonts look clear and crisp.
A6C6E998-D67B-4091-965C-B20FF14946AB.jpeg

The keys on the keyboard are great and have a nice tactile feel with good travel, it feels very comfortable overall to use, there is a nice amount of space between the keys and I particularly love the touchpad, it is large and very responsive, often times I plug in my mouse out of habit by with this machine I barely reached for my mouse , I kept it close but never actually needed it, I guess it was partly due to the trust issues I have developed with my previous laptops.

An interesting/quirky feature is the Video Call camera, which like some past Huawei laptops is found in the Top Centre key, this presents an interesting situation where everyone on the other side of the call may be subjected to looking at your luscious beard that you have grown during lockdown OR your attractive double chin :D either way the Camera is decent quality and will get you through a Zoom or MS Teams call as you would expect, just keep in mind that it is sitting at a low position.
35FB0D04-4C0E-4FDB-800B-10FB054D41A1.jpeg

This machine features 2 USB-C ports on the left long with a 3.5mm headphones jack (long live the jack!) and 1 USB-A port on the righ:
F2062CB1-9506-413B-B978-AE59EF9D215B.jpeg
8E920AB0-F26A-405D-AA1D-6522BB715CF4.jpeg

In the box you get:
- Get the Huawei MateDock 2 Docking Station which has: a USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port, and VGA port so you are ready for pretty much anything for work or play. ;)
- 65W USB-C charger so you can even charge your Huawei or other Android smartphone with it, this makes it easy to just carry one charger when you travel.
E821C86D-A0B6-4BAB-A82B-2E86C95BAAE3.jpeg

Conclusion

The Matebook X Pro is a great machine for both working and multimedia , one thing I kept forgetting is the touchscreen which in itself was pretty responsive although it still takes some getting used to in terms of using Windows on a touchscreen, my first action is always to go to the touchpad or mouse, that is due to my own habits. It is well built and well worth consideration if you are in the market for a new laptop. Battery life was pretty solid for what I did which was watch a little bit of series(Netflix), some YouTube and web browsing, I could squeeze out a day of usage as I was not heavy on it.

Price: R34,999

Last edited:

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Something I really appreciate with Huawei laptops and smartphones is Huawei Share, gave it a go and it worked really well, allowing me access to the P40 Pro, really cool for while you are working and wanting to still be in WhatsApp without needing to use WhatsApp Web, or just to manage something on your phone like an UberEats order while you are on your laptop.
123C4829-4D81-4A84-B593-644AD720DE1A.jpeg
79C8C208-7609-4B94-9ABE-5B040F262BF7.jpeg 370FB789-03A9-4F16-B0AF-175CCCEF67C0.jpeg

agustino

Something I really appreciate with Huawei laptops and smartphones is Huawei Share, gave it a go and it worked really well, allowing me access to the P40 Pro, really cool for while you are working and wanting to still be in WhatsApp without needing to use WhatsApp Web, or just to manage something on your phone like an UberEats order while you are on your laptop.
View attachment 990590
View attachment 990594 View attachment 990596
No updates for phones made before 2019

Check for Nova series phones specifically Huawei Nova 3i no update since then

Don't you remember this coy has been banned from purchasing some of the software from US compqnies