Huawei mifi without battery

Swa

Honorary Master
The video is very poor but tell me if I'm correct. He solders the 10k resistor to the negative and the 100R resistor to the positive then connects the positive through the resistor to the left terminal, the 10k resistor to the one next to that, and the negative directly to the right terminal.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Would be interesting to know. I use one of these in the car daily and the battery won't last forever...

I thought that using it without a battery might be as simple as shorting some of the pins.

Last edited:

bobcpt

Does anybody know where one can find replacement batteries for Huawei mifi routers in SA?

ld13

Honorary Master
Interesting video @Swa

Does anybody know where one can find replacement batteries for Huawei mifi routers in SA?
I went into Huawei. They showed me the door. Sent a client to Vodacom Somerset West, and they could help him - so check your local Vodacom?

Swa

Honorary Master
Would be interesting to know. I use one of these in the car daily and the battery won't last forever...

I thought that using it without a battery might be as simple as shorting some of the pins.
Shorting it would result in a constant current flow but isn't very inefficient and may result in no power to the router. I had the idea of using a resistor across the battery terminal. The BSI is used to determine the correct battery being inserted possibly by measuring the resistance.

Now my only problem would be if it goes off I'd need to be there to physically switch it back on. As I understand it the proper routers like the B525 switches on automatically when you connect it?

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I think R1 is just a current limiting resistor to prevent blowing your USB port when plugging it in, and R2 is just a pull-down resistor to detect the presence of a battery. At the beginning of the video he uses one 1000μF 16V electrolytic capacitor, but towards the end, he shows you could also use ten 100μF 16V in parallel.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

Why I got this, think esquire have it for R400 still, bought mine for esquire.

Battery got killed quickly by having on charge in the car with the normal mifi

Swa

Honorary Master
This doesn't work. The part he isn't showing is as soon as it connects to a network it loses power. He uses his without a sim so it never uses any power.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
This doesn't work. The part he isn't showing is as soon as it connects to a network it loses power. He uses his without a sim so it never uses any power.
Try a different USB port, or a powered USB hub.

Swa

Honorary Master
Try a different USB port, or a powered USB hub.
Thanks for the suggestion. It seems to be working with the charger, but then I can't connect it to the miner. Will try with a larger cap and see.

Park@82

Honorary Master

Why I got this, think esquire have it for R400 still, bought mine for esquire.

Battery got killed quickly by having on charge in the car with the normal mifi
Yeah considering getting one if my battery dies. Saw one on takealot for R500.

The advantinge of having a mifi router with battery in the car is that it continues to work when the ignition is off and it automatically enters sleep mode when you aren't connected.

I've read that these "Car routers" form Huawei requires you to switch them on everytime... Would be better if they turned on with the car.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Yeah considering getting one if my battery dies. Saw one on takealot for R500.

The advantinge of having a mifi router with battery in the car is that it continues to work when the ignition is off and it automatically enters sleep mode when you aren't connected.

I've read that these "Car routers" form Huawei requires you to switch them on everytime... Would be better if they turned on with the car.
Depends on the car. Most cars it will stay on for a while.

Correct you have to switch it on everytime.

There is more exspensive one that you can use, which you dont have to switch on.

Its a 4g hotspot usb drive, think they are around R900, they switch on when USB port gets power. Think tplink sells one.