Huawei p1, just got mine.

Anybody know of a outlet who still have stock in Pretoria area?
 
Yes the update is VERY slow even on Wifi.... Think the update is hosted on a chinese server.... They are ALWAYS slow for any 1 not in china.
 
Anybody know of a outlet who still have stock in Pretoria area?

Did you try Jet and Jet Mart stores? They usually have some stock.... Not really sure though.
 
Jip, even took a trip on the Gautrain to Sandton. All sold out.
 
Jip, even took a trip on the Gautrain to Sandton. All sold out.

Was anything open in sandton today? Think u gonna struggle to get now as the special was only until the 24th. Best I can suggest is try clearwater mall and cresta in randburg - the Edgar stores.
 
Yes the update is VERY slow even on Wifi.... Think the update is hosted on a chinese server.... They are ALWAYS slow for any 1 not in china.

It downloads VERY slowly and then fails to install with a 'Signature verification error' I'm thinking the download gets corrupted.
 
Was anything open in sandton today? Think u gonna struggle to get now as the special was only until the 24th. Best I can suggest is try clearwater mall and cresta in randburg - the Edgar stores.

Not today, was there on Saturday. Thanks will try the stores
 
The salesman at the Edgars store said that I must keep the Voda sim in for 7 days for swap out warranty purposes. After that I can put my MTN sim in.

Does anyone know if this is the case? I've had the vodacom sim in now for about a week, but want to swap over to my MTN sim.

Does vodacom have any way of knowing that you used a different sim? Surely they can only see if it's connected to their network? In which case I'll just pop in the voda sim every few months to keep up appearances.
 
Does anyone know if this is the case? I've had the vodacom sim in now for about a week, but want to swap over to my MTN sim.

Does vodacom have any way of knowing that you used a different sim? Surely they can only see if it's connected to their network? In which case I'll just pop in the voda sim every few months to keep up appearances.

You do need to pop in the voda sim about once a month.
 
My wife's blackberry was Vodacom stock but was using a Cellc sim. When I called in after about 8 months to query about the warranty they said it wasn't on their system. So popped in a Vodacom card for a day then went to the voda shop. And this time it showed on their system. They took it in and replaced me with another one a week later.
 
100% - pop in the Voda sim now and again so it registers the imei on the network.
 
This sound like rubbish too me. I have bought TONS of phones from stores. I bought the Vodafone 800 from jet and 1 from clicks too. They told me to I must use vodacom in it. Well I NEVER DID. So when I installed a custom rom on it and bricked it. By right my warranty was void. Took it back. They sent it in and 1 week later got it back from vodacom with a sticker on it that said repaired by huawei.

After 6 months the screen broke. I took it back. They told me its not fixable since the phone has been discontinued. They offered to give me a new Vodafone 858. I did recieve a brand new sealed phone that they opened in store to show me that it works. I still have that phone next to me right now and I still NEVER used a VODACOM sim in it.

The fact is. You bought it. Paid for it. The warranty is with Huawei not with vodacom. The warranty can not be void just cause you used another network. That doesn't make sense. If they give you any sort of trouble just contact huawei directly.
 
If you void the warranty its the cellular providers warranty you void. Ie. That 7 day return policy is provided by each network, not the manufacturers. So, swapping a sim to another network can mean:

1. The 7-day swap out falls away (if they could prove it)
2. The 2 year warranty falls away - afaik most phones actually come with a 1 year warranty and it is the networks who offer the 2nd year.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X