I am getting Fibre!!!

RedViking

Nord of the South
Fibre is coming to my complex next week.

Yeeessssssss!

After fighting with the bodycorp since November last year to get fibre to my house, Vodacom refused to install to my house even after I finally got approval from bodycorp to go ahead. Vodadollars then changed their tune and said they won't install until the whole complex signs up.

Long story short, both parties being pathetic, suddenly got a message yesterday they will start installing to the whole complex next week. (A week or two ago the complex said they refuse to use Vodacom) .

My house last on the list. (of course).

They will only provide the list of ISP's we can arrange fibre from once Vodadollars are finished installing.

genetic

Honorary Master
Yay! I got fibre 5 years ago... rather late than never I guess.

Get yourself a decent 100Mbps plan, and you're sorted. Download 100GB game in a couple of hours.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Vodacom..... I would rather use a pathetic 4Mbps adsl line.

Good luck!

Well that is what I have. A pathetic 4mb line that is utter useless.

Started a new business where I have to upload a couple of gig a day.

Currently paying a ridiculous amount on Afrimtn fixed LTE because you can't upload with ADSL.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well that is what I have. A pathetic 4mb line that is utter useless.

Started a new business where I have to upload a couple of gig a day.

Currently paying a ridiculous amount on Afrimtn fixed LTE because you can't upload with ADSL.

But bays have all sorts of fibre, Vodaom, Frogfoot, Vuma Villages. How did you get left out?

RedViking

Nord of the South
But bays have all sorts of fibre, Vodaom, Frogfoot, Vuma Villages. How did you get left out?
Only Vodacom going past my house and doing our suburb.

Vuma and Frogfoot only in town.

Frogfoot was going to install but they were as useful as frog feet.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Which ISP's uses Vodadollars?

A select few IF they are open access. Vodacom ISP, Supersonic, CISP, Home-Connect, Accelerit If they sealed a deal with the bodycorp then only Vodacom ISP.

Frogfoot installed in a few complexes in MeerenSee why did they skip you guys. That would have been a better option.

RedViking

Nord of the South
A select few IF they are open access. Vodacom ISP, Supersonic, CISP, Home-Connect, Accelerit If they sealed a deal with the bodycorp then only Vodacom ISP.
If CISP is available I will be very happy.

I was only under the impression Voda serves Voda. But when they said there will be other SP's revealed later I got some hope.

Either way I will only go for month to month.

Have read too many bad things about Vodadollars on this forum.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Vodacom ISP has some pretty strict limits on the lower speed packages like 300GB on the 10Mbps line. They also lock the router.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Looks like the FUP is upped. I think general use should be okay but I do like unshaped, uncapped and unthrottled access. I would recommend CISP on Vodacom if it's an option.

View attachment 860051
A 1500 is more than enough for me at this stage. Stupid that they have limits, yes.

Well, I guess now it is just wait and see.

ngoni615

Welcome to the club bro. 100/100 is life. Of course you can go higher but 100/100 is like the sweetspot.