I love you

I never heard it when I grew up either, until I was already an adult when my mum said it to me for the 1st time.

My bf and I say it to each other regularly, especially because he travels a lot and I want my last words to him everytime he leaves the house to be kind and loving ones.
So they weren't demonstrative. Same here. Would you have been embarrassed if they had?

Fern9do

Expert Member
My x gf used to say it alot,like 3-4 times a day and i must say it hit the spot everytime.If its a special relationship then i like hearing it.If im just messing around with a girl then its a big No-No and kind of annoying.

I still feel it is your actions that are a thousand times more important than your words.... "I love you" is very easy to say.... showing that love in your interactions with your significant other is far more genuine and more difficult to fake.

blunomore

Honorary Master
So they weren't demonstrative. Same here. Would you have been embarrassed if they had?
No I would have loved it if they did say it a lot when I grew up. But it was not a happy house, so there was no chance of it happening anyway.

I am gald that as an adult I changed my legacy and do not act in accordance with the example set to me.

skoob

Executive Member
Hubby and I say it all the time....dont think it loses its meaning.
When we are together "I love you" is often followed by a kiss or a touch.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
I still feel it is your actions that are a thousand times more important than your words.... "I love you" is very easy to say.... showing that love in your interactions with your significant other is far more genuine and more difficult to fake.
+1 I had an ex once who kept pestering me to "share" my feelings etc and I was like damn woman surely my actions should count for more than words that can be false.

J

killadoob

Honorary Master
my g/f fiancee tells me she loves like 3 times a day

i just say ok, sick of hearing it so often to be honest

would be nice if she "loved" me as many times as she says she loves me

hearing someone loves you 3 times a day but only feeling that love twice a month is a major blow

hmmmmmmm what we gonna do when the load shedding hits

fiancee:

hmmm i think i'll read a magazine!!!!!!!!! what a way to kill the mood

superB

my g/f fiancee tells me she loves like 3 times a day

i just say ok, sick of hearing it so often to be honest

would be nice if she "loved" me as many times as she says she loves me

hearing someone loves you 3 times a day but only feeling that love twice a month is a major blow

hmmmmmmm what we gonna do when the load shedding hits

fiancee:

hmmm i think i'll read a magazine!!!!!!!!! what a way to kill the mood
You really should have a bit more respect for her libido or lack there of. If she is your gf/fiancee then surely you love her enough to respect the fact that her body just isnt in the mood at that moment? Maybe you could try getting her in the mood by changing the way you initiate...

My 2c.

killadoob

Honorary Master
im totally respectful of her libido which is why i dont hound her day after day :)

maybe im dreaming but it would nice for once not to have to work so hard to get some :)

just once would be nice hahaha guess it wont happen though

adamr

Executive Member
i hate it being told all the time ... you should just know it from one another actions ... once in a while is cool else it becomes like a cliche when its said

Surv0

Executive Member
Dont want to be told it all the time, only when it feels right to say it, love you in sms's and after each phone call or goodbye is a bit much. Say it when you really have a feeling to say it, it shouldnt be used lightly all the time, takes most of the meening out of it.

Kasyx

Expert Member
My gf and I say it to each other all the time. I don't think it lessens it unless it is being used by friends or people who don't actually feel that strong emotional bond. For my gf and I, it reinforces it, it doesn't weaken it.

blunomore

Honorary Master
Dont want to be told it all the time, only when it feels right to say it, love you in sms's and after each phone call or goodbye is a bit much. Say it when you really have a feeling to say it, it shouldnt be used lightly all the time, takes most of the meening out of it.

If you say goodbye to your significant other, can you be sure you will see that person alive ever again?

Arzy

Honorary Master
I make a point of saying "I love you" to my wife every morning when she leaves for work and I sms her again as soon as I leave. As blunomore said "can you be sure you will see that person alive ever again?"

My wife and I have unfortunately been in the position where we were held up at gun point at our house, luckily nothing happened as I was able to get us into the house quickly enough and slam the Maxidoor shut, I always laughed at their ads with the women running, since it happened to me I appreciate that ad. The visitor was still able to get their quickly enough to shove his 9mm through and put it against my chest and tell me to open up but we were inside and nothing was going to make me put my wife in danger.

As I said though we got through it unscathed but since then each day is appreciated and saying "I love you" takes on a very new meaning.

YQueen

Hey

would u want ur gf/bf to tell u "I love you" on a regular basis or like once every so often

i've heard various theories that if u say it too often it looses meaning which i dont agree on..

whats ur views ?
I like it to be said often enough that i don't forget it. Daily would b cool & everytime in between that calls for it...I love u is too special enough so i don't see the point of trying to make it sound special by saying it once after a while

blunomore

Honorary Master
I make a point of saying "I love you" to my wife every morning when she leaves for work and I sms her again as soon as I leave. As blunomore said "can you be sure you will see that person alive ever again?"

My wife and I have unfortunately been in the position where we were held up at gun point at our house, luckily nothing happened as I was able to get us into the house quickly enough and slam the Maxidoor shut, I always laughed at their ads with the women running, since it happened to me I appreciate that ad. The visitor was still able to get their quickly enough to shove his 9mm through and put it against my chest and tell me to open up but we were inside and nothing was going to make me put my wife in danger.

As I said though we got through it unscathed but since then each day is appreciated and saying "I love you" takes on a very new meaning.
Amen to that.