I love you

Krudonix

Hey

would u want ur gf/bf to tell u "I love you" on a regular basis or like once every so often

i've heard various theories that if u say it too often it looses meaning which i dont agree on..

whats ur views ?

medicnick83

Paramedic
I want to hear it, but not like, overboard.

Like, I have a friend whos gf says "I love you" like, every 5 seconds, it feels fake to me.

But If I buy flowers or just kiss someone, then if "I love you" follows and you can see she means it, it's all good.

Affection is awesome to receive, especially if you give it alot.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Run from the cops.... Run from the cops...... Come on... Climb the fence...... Climb the fence........ Slash the door.... Slash the door..... Yeah..... Don't be running like you got mace in your face....

IzZzy

Executive Member
What the frack?!? (at above).

I'd prefer to hear it scarcely.. just after the required thought of "I wonder why she hasnt said she loves me" then wham! Makes it all better.

The_Techie

Resident Techie
Run from the cops.... Run from the cops...... Come on... Climb the fence...... Climb the fence........ Slash the door.... Slash the door..... Yeah..... Don't be running like you got mace in your face....
Hmmm, if I remember correctly that comes from Pablo Francisco's Comedy Central show (might be Adam Ferrara). Not sure what it's got to do with this thread, though...

Back on topic: I like to hear it occasionally, but not too much.

medicnick83

Paramedic
RAS!

This is Pooky with nothing good to say, so to get his post count up, he posts this snot! :mad:

P

Picard

Back on topic: I like to hear it occasionally, but not too much.
If you don't want to hear it that often then it can only mean that you've become too blasé about being loved by someone and that you might be taking that love for granted.

Love in a relationship should be cherished everyday like it's your first day together or like it's your last day together.

The_Techie

Resident Techie
If you don't want to hear it that often then it can only mean that you've become too blasé about being loved by someone and that you might be taking that love for granted.

Love in a relationship should be cherished everyday like it's your first day together or like it's your last day together.
If I here it too often I start to get the feeling that it's becoming mundane, so it's more special for me when I do hear it. But I see what you mean :)

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
You guys derail threads all the time. So don't be hatin me or im a pop a cap in ur ass.

Lino

I am back
Always love hearing it, although have not heard it in a while from a gf, I mean only been going out with current one for a week... If she said it now i would run

elysian

Yeah, I think if people say it too much, it loses it's value.

But I grew up never hearing those words, so when I hear them now, I feel strange/uncomfortable. Weird. As a result, I hardly say them, unless it's a "you too". :eek:

But I do force myself to tell my kids that I love them (probably not enough). And it's great when they tell me that they love me (on their own)! :D

blunomore

Honorary Master
I never heard it when I grew up either, until I was already an adult when my mum said it to me for the 1st time.

My bf and I say it to each other regularly, especially because he travels a lot and I want my last words to him everytime he leaves the house to be kind and loving ones.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Not multiple times daily ... but me likes hearing it oftenish (big romantic sucker in da house :D )