iBurst and HSDPA - load balance

WGAFA

Hi, all

I currently have an iBurst connection that I route my small business network through (via SBS). Recently they have become not as reliably in bandwidth and uptime as I have got used to (4 hrs down time it 2 years is what the record was, the last two months, down 3 times each about 4 hrs).

So I started thinking about getting a router like a Linksys or Netgear, and connecting the HSDPA - only thing faster than iBurst) to the second WAN port.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
It is possible to do (but I am not sure whether the routers have iBurst support yet). PM Snormossel and ask him as he will know what brand and make of router to purchase.

Regards

Libs

McGuywer

Executive Member
I think some of the routers can make a PPPOE connection. That should work for iBurst.

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Billion, Draytek and I believe D-Link all have ADSL (think PPPoE) routers with USB ports that support 3G devices. Whether or not they will support your iBurst modem I can't say for sure.

Snormossel

Expert Member
Hi, all

I currently have an iBurst connection that I route my small business network through (via SBS). Recently they have become not as reliably in bandwidth and uptime as I have got used to (4 hrs down time it 2 years is what the record was, the last two months, down 3 times each about 4 hrs).

So I started thinking about getting a router like a Linksys or Netgear, and connecting the HSDPA - only thing faster than iBurst) to the second WAN port.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?
Hi WGAFA

I have sent you a PM.

WGAFA

A reply

Just in case some else want to do this, this is what has been recombeaned. The following products situation:

• BIGUARD 30 LITE - for load balancing & a
• 7402GXL - for the HSDPA connection

Thanks Billion and Nology and all other posts:)

Will report back once I get it up and running