ICASA: Monday 18 April

Go go go Debbie2.. shot for the rundown, sounds like telkom came out looking pretty stupid.. no more woll-over-the-eye pulling im afraid.. the public is wisening up against Telkom, bloody right too.
 
Well done everybody that made contributions at the hearings. I would like to say a special well done to RPM for making MyADSL.co.za such a nice place to make our voices heard and for the great presentation at the hearings. Well done Antowan, BTTB and Debbie2 for your good work at the hearings. Good work to MaD and Helkom.co.za for fighting the good fight.

Hopefully with all our combined efforts from us, and industry leaders we can slay this Telkom Monster.

If something positive happens all members in each city should have a gathering somewhere, perhaps a braai and a few drinks to celebrate ? :D

Cheerz
 
Pricing: ADSL prices will come down when competition enters the market.

Even Telkom are pushing for deregulation?

You're being ripped off - but all source point to this being the governments fault - not Telkoms.
 
Fieldy said:
Well done everybody that made contributions at the hearings. I would like to say a special well done to RPM for making MyADSL.co.za such a nice place to make our voices heard and for the great presentation at the hearings. Well done Antowan, BTTB and Debbie2 for your good work at the hearings. Good work to MaD and Helkom.co.za for fighting the good fight.

Hopefully with all our combined efforts from us, and industry leaders we can slay this Telkom Monster.

If something positive happens all members in each city should have a gathering somewhere, perhaps a braai and a few drinks to celebrate ? :D

Cheerz

We'll have a big 'ol party when competition finally starts :)
 
Very nicely done everyone.

Perhaps we should send ICASA a letter of thanks on behalf of the MyADSL community for their interest and the professional manner in which the hearing were conducted. Just about all the feedback from the hearing seems to suggest that is was handled very fairly.
 
And where the heck was Poison Ivy during these hearings :confused: ?!?!?!? .... If she was'nt present or not even make a single comment about the hearings ... then her uselessness is beyond repair.
 
ic,

I really didn't do much. No really, I didn't. I'm not an adsl user - so I didn't submit comments like the 446 people who did. I didn't do a presentation. All I did was call Telkom out on a minor issue.

Those who deserve praise are, of course, rpm, BTTB, Antowan, and everyone who presented at the hearings. Also, congratulations to those who submitted comments to ICASA - I certainly got the impression from ICASA that they simply could not believe the volume of submissions they received!
 
morebroadband said:
6 One speaker brought it to the attention of the panel that India had forced a drop in prices for broadband access on 1 April, 2005 by 75% and this drew quite a few requests for written proof of this fact to be submitted to the panel.

I just read a thread with links to websites about this an hour ago, somewhere around here... I guess somebody has submitted this written proof already?
 
just a point in logic,
"Telkom said that the reason why they have line rental and the other countries don’t, is because they structured their product offering different."

So using that same logic structure:

"The reason why I kill people and others dont, is because I structured my attitude and morality differently"

"The reason why we choose to poison people in this country, and other countries choose not to, is because we made this decision to."

"The reason why we decided to break laws here, and other people in other countries don't break laws, is because we chose to do this."

On and on, endless variations are possible.

Point being: It 'sounds' like Logic, but I have to point out, that its a just a loop of self-sustaining Illogic which any law or logic student would probably be able to rip apart while laughing. It's not a logical, suitable or sane argument.

If Telkom (or its representatives) are honestly making these kind of statements to anyone with intellect, they are in deep trouble, as this is nonsensical and cannot be considered a valid Argument. Its a childlike use of Logic.

It'll be great if they're reduced to arguing like this, as justification for actions taken - as it means they're in trouble, and are trying to disguise this fact with faulty 'clever sounding' statements :)
 
Last edited:
Does anybody know how far Icasa's authority extends with regards to this hearing.
For instance, are they only allowed to Recommend that telskum impliment changes or do they have the authority to force changes based on the outcome of the hearing.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X