Icelandic Thor dedicated to Opera Mini

Kgabogk

Expert Member
but guyz ,where does opera get funds for all this?everything with an opera label is free...

papooze

but guyz ,where does opera get funds for all this?everything with an opera label is free...
Google could be paying Opera per search, and it's actually doing that for Firefox as well from what I've read.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Vodafone/Vodacom had a special earlier this year with Opera Mini. If you used the "enhanced by Vodafone" version you browsed for free over weekends. Is that still on? All the start page bookmarks were to Vodacom related businesses, so I guess they pay something for that.

Centaur

How does Opera make money?

Opera has two basic revenue models:

For enterprise products, such as Opera preinstalled on a mobile phone or a set-top box, Opera receives revenue as a mix of engineering fees, maintenance fees and shares of sales income. The balance varies from contract to contract. This model accounts for the majority of Opera’s income.

Opera also derives revenue from its free products through revenue sharing with partners. For example, several search engines make usage payments to Opera for searches made by Opera users. This is the major source of income for Opera’s desktop browser, with revenue shares also in place on a variety of mobile products.

I love Opera. Using Opera Desktop, Opera Mobile and Opera Mini on a daily basis. Opera is the most sophisticated browser there is.;)