IDE/Sata to CF Card

Biggie

Hello my people.

Where can i get IDE/SATA to Compact flash adapters.I have used my friend Google,but found nothing.

thanks

Messugga

Honorary Master
I assume you mean you're looking for a CF card reader?
If that's the case, you're probably just googling for the wrong thing.
This is what you're looking for, I assume.
Google "internal card reader". Pretty much all of them can read CF.

Biggie

That would be usb to cf then.I'm looking for ide/sata to cf adapter,to use a cf card as a hdd,like this one

Thanks anyway.:)

Daveogg

Lol i bought some of these on ebay a while back. I say some because i meant to buy one but ended up with three. If you want i'll have a look if i still have them around. You can have one if you want. PM me

shani786

I have this IDE/SATA converter. u can use this either way. p.m for further details. Going for R100 each.

Messugga

Honorary Master
That would be usb to cf then.I'm looking for ide/sata to cf adapter,to use a cf card as a hdd,like this one

Thanks anyway.:)
Well, actually that IS an IDE one since it's internal ;)
But I see what you mean. Sorry, can't help you :/

Biggie

Lol i bought some of these on ebay a while back. I say some because i meant to buy one but ended up with three. If you want i'll have a look if i still have them around. You can have one if you want. PM me
Thanks man,that's nice of you,but i need about 10-14 so i need to buy them.

I have this IDE/SATA converter. u can use this either way. p.m for further details. Going for R100 each.
You've got pm.They'll have to support dma.

Well, actually that IS an IDE one since it's internal ;)
But I see what you mean. Sorry, can't help you :/
No sweat man.You've tried and that's what counts.

Looks like they just import from mini-box.com

Last edited:

Biggie

You know,if you ask for pm's one would expect that you will actually reply to them. :mad:

I got sorted but thanks for your non existent help

biometrics

Honorary Master
I'm also looking for a Compact Flash to IDE or SATA adapter, where did you get it?

sn3rd

Expert Member
Ooh! I need one of these! Where did you get it, please? or Daveogg ? :D

biometrics

Honorary Master
Was surprisingly hard to find these in SA, mostly just available from online shops with three weeks delivery.

Found them at Centurion Micro Electronics (www.cme.co.za), currently their web site is broken but I believe it is part number CF-KIT04-R10 for R175 ex VAT, R80 extra to ship to Cape Town. This is the IDE model, there is a SATA model as well but it is out of stock. Apparently there are 10 in stock at the moment.

Eagle Electronics in Cape Town has a model they manufacture themselves that takes two at the same time and comes on a removable carrier (http://www.eagle.co.za/display_product_3044.htm).

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Why is every one so keen on using CF ?

Is it faster or cheaper than other flash types ?

biometrics

Honorary Master
Why is every one so keen on using CF ?

Is it faster or cheaper than other flash types ?
For in car PC's. Hard drives won't survive and SSD's are to expensive. Also you want it to be IDE or SATA to use imaging tools and to boot from.

The mid range CF's do around 25 MB/s.

biometrics

Honorary Master
I ask the question again.... why CF cards over other FLASH CARDS.
That is what is typically used in these in-car PC's and other embedded type PC's.

I'm guessing the connector type provides a more reliable connection in the case of vibration.

Last edited:

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I ask the question again.... why CF cards over other FLASH CARDS.
CF cards are already IDE devices, so you only need a physical adapter (no electronics required) to connect them to a motherboard.