Identification when collecting a parcel from the post office

Kat2016

Hi there.
New to this forum!
I shop online quite a lot and usually always get things delivered to my door by courier. Recently I ordered something from overseas to be sent to my post box.
The issue I have just realised is that when I order I use my first name and second name (and not usually my surname as no one can spell or pronounce it and I hate it).
Will this be an issue when collecting this package - my first and second name are on my id but of course the package won't have my surname on it. Could this pose a problem or will the first and second name on my ID be good enough?
Thanks!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
It should be fine, as long as part of your name is on there and that part matches your ID.

jtr

Hi there.
New to this forum!
I shop online quite a lot and usually always get things delivered to my door by courier. Recently I ordered something from overseas to be sent to my post box.
The issue I have just realised is that when I order I use my first name and second name (and not usually my surname as no one can spell or pronounce it and I hate it).
Will this be an issue when collecting this package - my first and second name are on my id but of course the package won't have my surname on it. Could this pose a problem or will the first and second name on my ID be good enough?
Thanks!

Your first concern should be: Will it arrive or be stolen?, Second concern: How much duty will need to be paid?
Have a copy of the invoice on-hand just in case

Kat2016

Your first concern should be: Will it arrive or be stolen?, Second concern: How much duty will need to be paid?
Have a copy of the invoice on-hand just in case

Eeeek now you've got me stressing. LOL

K3NS31

Expert Member
I was pleasantly surprised by a recent delivery from China via SAPO recently. Apart from the fact that it took as long to get from JHB to CPT as it took to get from China to SA via Sweden!
But it arrived intact and the duties were quite low. No issues once it actually arrived.
And total time was about a month from ordering to receiving.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
They just need identification, doesn't need to be yours. I'm well known at my PO so I don't even provide identification now.

Kat2016

They just need identification, doesn't need to be yours. I'm well known at my PO so I don't even provide identification now.

Thanks very much! I was a bit worried as recently I went to collect a parcel for a friend and they refused to give it to me even though I had my ID and the slip with me :/ Thought perhaps the same thing would happen with my surname missing from the package I am expecting.