IE 10 not saving Proxy - Win 8

PhreeMe

Expert Member
Hi guys

I purchased a Win 8 Pro licence to test on our network (at work) to see how many issues may arise from an OS upgrade.

I've encountered a fairly serious problem, where IE10 does not save the Proxy settings. I've tried adding the config script as well as manual settings, both of which are lost as soon as you close the LAN settings screen.

I'm sadly not a guru with policy scripts, but as far as I was told, a friend of mine is having the same issue trying to apply the policy to IE's proxy.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Easy fix- install a proper browser, such as Google Chrome :)

Other than that, I am afraid I cannot help you, sorry...

PhreeMe

Expert Member
Easy fix- install a proper browser, such as Google Chrome :)

Other than that, I am afraid I cannot help you, sorry...

Lol, I'll give it a shot, thanks. Company standard is IE though, so hopefully someone can help me out...

EDIT: Sadly Chrome doesn't work. It borrows the proxy info from IE, which is still not saving :(

Last edited:

bsntombela

Lol, I'll give it a shot, thanks. Company standard is IE though, so hopefully someone can help me out...

EDIT: Sadly Chrome doesn't work. It borrows the proxy info from IE, which is still not saving :(

I've been running on Win 8 ENT and IE 10 and we do not have any problems with proxy settings. I thought the Proxy Settings are set at the Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Connections

PhreeMe

Expert Member
I've been running on Win 8 ENT and IE 10 and we do not have any problems with proxy settings. I thought the Proxy Settings are set at the Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Connections

They are indeed. Thanks for the info though. I may have stumbled across a fix I never would've given a chance in the past.
I entered the proxy settings without going back to LAN settings to confirm they had disappeared again :D
Restarted the PC and suddenly the IE was working....

grim

Expert Member
Don't you still set the proxy up in Chrome in the same way you set it up in IE?

Yes you do, Chrome uses the system's proxy settings which makes it a dream on a corporate network compared to FireFox.

As for your settings disappearing, I've used IE10 and Chrome at a few client's sites that use proxy servers without any issues.

What proxy are you running and do you have any group policy/proxy auto config running on the network?