If you could only pick one device, which one would it be?

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
Laptop, desktop PC, smartphone, or tablet - If you were only allowed to use one device for the rest of your life, which one would you pick?

And which model of the device would you take? (eg: smartphone - iPhone 7)

3WA

Expert Member
Laptop.

And then I have to disabuse everyone of the notion that I answer emails 24/7.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
I suppose Laptop is the correct answer.
some massive gaming rig.
I would have 3 partisans.
windows for gaming.
Linux for work
and Android (remix OS) for my mobile games. sure you can run emulators but sometimes you just want to actually run android for some things.

falcon786

Executive Member
Samsung galaxy tab s2,good enough to do gaming,phone calls,sms.whatsapp plus excellent for video consumption and it's portable with decent battery life.

Ok,you might look like an idiot making calls from it but hey at least it does it or you can use a bluetooth headset with it.

gfmalan

Expert Member
Dell Latitude 7270/7470 Notebook with build-in LTE

Install Softphone and you are sorted

Cius

Expert Member
Laptop, but going without a cell phone would be tough. Also with the way cell phones are going I suspect within the next few years cell phones could replace laptops even. Just look at the new Nintendo switch. Cell phone technology will be more like that soon using any free screen.

So with current tech laptop, if its for the rest of my life I would actually take cell phone. Assuming you could update regularly.

Smartphone definitely. It may perhaps not have the speed or capacity of a laptop or tablet, however it has so many functions in 1. Phone, camera, communication via sms or other text messaging. Face to face talking - Skype. Email, Internet and basic office functions. All in 1 "gadget".