iFixit pulls Samsung Galaxy Fold teardown

gamer16

Honorary Master
Being bad sports there I say.

People are going to find the issues the device has and they will talk amongst others, this will ruin the phone's reputation much more than seeing IFixit's article, removing it has also caused yet more damage to the phone's reputation.

genetic

Honorary Master
Being bad sports there I say.
I disagree. The phone's launch has been pushed out now, and an iFixit teardown will be on an outdated unit.

Rather wait for the full retail unit, as having an outdated teardown guide will be of little use.

Alternatively, they could leave the teardown up, and replace it once a new retail unit is available.

Swa

Honorary Master
I disagree. The phone's launch has been pushed out now, and an iFixit teardown will be on an outdated unit.

Rather wait for the full retail unit, as having an outdated teardown guide will be of little use.

Alternatively, they could leave the teardown up, and replace it once a new retail unit is available.
All the reports are outdated then. Rather deal with issue than trying to sweep it under the rug. The fact is people have distrust in the make and brand now.

genetic

Honorary Master
Reactions: Swa

Johnatan56

Honorary Master

Or you could just say add an outdated disclaimer at the top of the article linking to v2/public.

Totempole

Expert Member
One day, everyone's going to look back at the Galaxy Fold and laugh about how badly designed it was. But the fact is, they were the first, and the other manufacturers get to learn from their mistakes.

Anyway, Samsung is clearly feeling butthurt since the research an development must have cost an insane amount for the mobile phone equivalent of a spork.

Last edited: