Impressive benchmarks for the RTX 3070

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator
Impressive benchmarks for the RTX 3070

Geekbench tests show that the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 offers similar performance to the previous-generation RTX 2080 Ti despite being significantly more affordable.

Two new tests were performed recently on Geekbench and resulted in OpenCL scores of 359,349 and 350,093 respectively.

The two tests seem to have been performed from the same computer and used the Intel Core i9-10900K CPU, 16GB RAM, and an 8GB version of the RTX 3070 GPU.

Ryansr

Expert Member
I've read somewhere that the new AMD "big Navi" RX 6800 XT cards will be even more powerful than the Nvidia RTX 3000 range and also set to be announced on 28 October so things will get very interesting soon. All of this and yet somehow the consumer in SA always seem to lose out on these great deals due to the nature of our corrupt retailers taking more than their fare shares of the sales.

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Given how awful local Nvidia prices are, and the general availability issues, I'm assuming that it's more likely I'll be buying one of the new Radeon cards.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I've read somewhere that the new AMD "big Navi" RX 6800 XT cards will be even more powerful than the Nvidia RTX 3000 range and also set to be announced on 28 November so things will get very interesting soon. All of this and yet somehow the consumer in SA always seem to lose out on these great deals due to the nature of our corrupt retailers taking more than their fare shares of the sales.

People read this with every AMD GPU launch, the RX5700 being the exception, but Vega was over hyped and it simply didn't deliver. Just like Vega 7 was the best creator's GPU which at the time was debatable pending on the creator's use case.

In my opinion, AMD may have something comparable and getting may be close to the 3080, but I think the price is going to be the issue and I believe that Nvidia will claim the sweet spot with the 3070 until the 3060 come along where AMD at that time will already be dominant within that entry point as usual. Nvidia’s change in price strategy changed everything.

Here is AMD’s current biggest shill, maybe he is right or ‘correctively’ wrong,

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Both Igor's Lab and Wccftech claimed to have received benchmarks from a board partner,

01-Percent.png

02-Score.png

the scores shared by Wccftech was within margin of error. I wouldn't trust these scores until the GPU is released and benched, as these same hardware reviewers have been down this road before. If you don't know who the board partner is who leaked these results, then it is nothing more than the marketing of changing consumer perception.