Information Regulator requests meeting with Liberty

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Information Regulator requests meeting with Liberty

The Information Regulator says it has requested an urgent meeting with Liberty Holdings to get an understanding of how its data was breached by hackers at the weekend.

In a statement issued by the Chairperson, Advocate Pansy Tlakula, on Monday, the regular said it had written to Chief Executive Officer of Liberty Holdings David Munro to find out how the breach occurred.

[SANews]

Daruk

Honorary Master
As they should...
Standard procedure I expect.

ekske1

Executive Member
As they should...
Standard procedure I expect.
Just for liberty?

Why not also for Crystal Web when they was hacked (what like 5 times)?

or all the other entities that's leaking?

I'm calling it A-Typlical-DramaShow...

Daruk

Honorary Master
Just for liberty?

Why not also for Crystal Web when they was hacked (what like 5 times)?

or all the other entities that's leaking?

I'm calling it A-Typlical-DramaShow...
It depends on the nature of the business I guess. Financial services should certainly be high on the agenda. Sure, I have no faith that they are going to do much useful and constructive, but I guess it's part of their mandate.

Ivanr

Expert Member
[MENTION=400131]Jamie McKane[/MENTION]
When are South African corporates going to take a leaf from the European Corporates to BLOCK access to their enterprise systems by mobile ANDROID Operating System (Open Source) devices?

They only permit ios(Apple) and Windows devices for security reasons but our networks are punting Android devices everyday ☹

Last edited:

Napalm2880

Expert Member
[MENTION=400131]Jamie McKane[/MENTION]
When are South African corporates going to take a leaf from the European Corporates to BLOCK access to their enterprise systems by mobile ANDROID Operating System (Open Source) devices?

They only permit ios(Apple) and Windows devices for security reasons but our networks are punting Android devices everyday ☹
:wtf:

That is a terrible approach to information security. Just because it's open source doesn't mean it's less secure. iOS and Windows Phone are exploited regularly. There are MANY measures that you can put in place to secure endpoints - besides blocking them completely.