• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Injector Cleaner

Mvu

Hi All

Most people say it works some say its a bunch of bull*. So I am asking for an honest opinion. Does it really work? I am really considering it. I am not mentioning any brands becasue I am open to any brand that gives noticable results.

Many thanks

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Best place to post this would be https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/forumdisplay.php/164-Motoring-and-Transportation-Cars-Bikes-and-Planes

Perhaps a mod can move it for us.

BG44K and Liqui Moly fuel treatment I would say work best. BG44K you cant get here anymore, but people in USA rave about it. Liqui Moly I say works well because when I used it in my car the oil went from a fairly presentable clearish gold colour to black. That in my mind tells me there was definately cleaning going on. Uses it again a few weeks ago, but this is in a pretty new one year old car, and the oil stayed pretty clear (guess there was not that much to clean on a car so young).

Pitbull

Verboten
Hi All

Most people say it works some say its a bunch of bull*. So I am asking for an honest opinion. Does it really work? I am really considering it. I am not mentioning any brands becasue I am open to any brand that gives noticable results.

Many thanks
If you mean Diesel injectors, well worth a try as that shyte is expensive to replace. For normal cars, I won't even bother. I have had card with over 500k kms and never had a single issue with regards to the injectors :)

Mvu

Best place to post this would be https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/forumdisplay.php/164-Motoring-and-Transportation-Cars-Bikes-and-Planes

Perhaps a mod can move it for us.

BG44K and Liqui Moly fuel treatment I would say work best. BG44K you cant get here anymore, but people in USA rave about it. Liqui Moly I say works well because when I used it in my car the oil went from a fairly presentable clearish gold colour to black. That in my mind tells me there was definately cleaning going on. Uses it again a few weeks ago, but this is in a pretty new one year old car, and the oil stayed pretty clear (guess there was not that much to clean on a car so young).
Was busy trying to move it. Didn't notice I was in this section. I would really appreciate the move MODS.

Thanks for the feedback. I always prefer word of mouth. I must just do it right before an oil change so that I don't drive around with filthy oil :) I hope I also get positive results

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Are your injectors actually dirty and require cleaning?

Because if they aren't the question is ultimately pointless.

Why do you think you need it? Are you not maybe looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?

Mvu

If you mean Diesel injectors, well worth a try as that shyte is expensive to replace. For normal cars, I won't even bother. I have had card with over 500k kms and never had a single issue with regards to the injectors :)
Its one of those TFSI engines...

Mvu

Are your injectors actually dirty and require cleaning?

Because if they aren't the question is ultimately pointless.

Why do you think you need it? Are you not maybe looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?
Machinic recons its good to throw in now and then especially for high mileage (234000 KMs)

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Where do you buy something like that? :confused:
CAPE TOWN CHEMICALS CC
7 DORSETSHRE ST
PAARDEN ISLAND, CAPE PENINSULA/KAAPSE SKIEREILAND
Main: 021 511 9009

or

Protea Chemicals
011 709 8888
Omnia House
13 Sloane Street
Bryanston

There's probably others.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I use it on my diesel car, not sure if it works lol. The car has plenty of miles on it, and it keeps on running.

I use the Liqui-Moly diesel injector cleaner, goldwagon sells it for R100.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I use it on my diesel car, not sure if it works lol. The car has plenty of miles on it, and it keeps on running.

I use the Liqui-Moly diesel injector cleaner, goldwagon sells it for R100.
Awww....we are Ligui Moly buddies! :love:

Also get mine from Goldwagon. The petrol one is like R130.00 or so I think.