Inside the Malema machine

R13...

Honorary Master
OK... Looks I may have been wrong about Malema's potential if this article is anything to go by,
As the Mail & Guardian arrives at Luthuli House at 3.40pm on Wednesday, late for an interview with ANC Youth League president Julius Malema, we are told to wait our turn to see “the president”.

There is already a queue outside his office. The patient line -- ranged in groups in the outer office or wherever they can find a chair -- includes former ANC spin doctor Carl Niehaus and the newly elected South African Football Association president, Kirsten Nematandani, and his entourage. Then there is the Progressive Youth Alliance, a fundraising group for a Caster Semenya gala dinner and the leadership of the National African Chamber of Commerce (Nafcoc).

In some parts of society Malema is seen as the ANC’s in-house court jester and a buffoon, but a closer look reveals him to be the party’s crown prince, who wields influence and power while others just stand by and watch. He is the one people go to when official structures have failed them or have not delivered the results they wanted.

Although Malema holds no official government position and is only an ad hoc member of the ANC’s powerful national working committee (NWC), he knows that when he talks, everyone -- inside and outside the ANC -- listens. The primary source of his power is the fact that he was elected by a critical constituency for the ANC -- the youth.

Rest of story...

Devill

Damned
He is an idiot.

Maybe an idiot with important standing and friends but an idiot none the less.

I want a GTI

Just exxagerating his power and authority in an attempt to hide the mans discrepencies, incompetentness and downright stupidity.

Why do they keep this classic comedian in his position? Surely the R50k-60k he earns a month could go to someone much more deserving.

R13...

Honorary Master
It shows he's not the only one believing his own hype... Wonder what the SAFA president was doing at Malema's office. Ask for his support like Chuene?

Nod

Executive Member
If Malema is the ANC's future ..., well that is just sad.

fighthall

He speaks like a Russian dictator. That is dangerous. If one can speak against the most powerful people in the country with no show of respect then either we face some very interesting times or Verwoed has joined the ranks.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
idiots support idiot, what's wrong?

let the group of idiots join together, do more idiot things .........

anc then can change the nation name to "republic of idiots".

(I am going to get my ticket soon..... :D )

Mila

Honorary Master
idiots support idiot, what's wrong?

let the group of idiots join together, do more idiot things .........

anc then can change the nation name to "republic of idiots".

(I am going to get my ticket soon..... :D )

Never underestimate the power of a group of stupid people.