Intel unveils super-fast SSDs

Thor

Honorary Master
Take all of my money!!

I just wish normal SSDs like the samsung evo will drop significantly in price.

I always thought making a SSD would cost less than a mechanical harddrive

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Take all of my money!
I think with the cutting-edge technology included in the new Intel SSDs, and the fact that they are aimed at the DC market, they may just take all your money as requested :D

bratwurst

Expert Member
Great news. We've been running ram drives for our mail queues for ages. Been waiting for this.

Purply

Expert Member
This does sound awesome, however when will the speed be capped due to bottleneck elsewhere?

Thor

Honorary Master
I think with the cutting-edge technology included in the new Intel SSDs, and the fact that they are aimed at the DC market, they may just take all your money as requested :D
/sells more stuff
/switch to 2 minute noodles

:D

NeoAcheron

But... What are these blazingly fast specs? Does it use smoke signals or quantum drives with flux capacitors?

Specs or you don't get me excited.. Its like telling me there is a nude magazine, but all the nudes are hidden behind google searches...

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
But... What are these blazingly fast specs? Does it use smoke signals or quantum drives with flux capacitors?

Specs or you don't get me excited.. Its like telling me there is a nude magazine, but all the nudes are hidden behind google searches...
Research 3D XPoint to figure out where the speed comes from. Given that this is 1st gen production grade technology it's hugely impressive

ponder

Honorary Master

Reality for average Joe is that this will make no noticeable difference in their lives. So don't lose any sleep about it.