Internet stability

Sumeya

Is it just me or is everyone experiencing a shaky internet connectivity over the last two weeks, started to act up after 8pm and got worse over a few days , then over this its Been completely unavailable

zubheir

Yes Its very annoying. For me its between 6pm - 9pm
No signal and disconnection

alternate

Expert Member
There are serious issues with vodacom's billing and overall connectivity.
I'm suprised its not in the news on here or anywhere else.

under_sky

Expert Member
Seems like this issue might be related to newer clients. My one phone is on the old legacy system and 100% fine but new sim comes and goes and at one stage I couldn’t get 4G

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I also have no service at the moment in Heidelberg. The last few nights my internet has been full of problems.

Viva

Expert Member
This has been happening for a couple of days, maybe as long as two weeks now. It sucks. Any official acknowledgement of the issue by Vodacom? Has anyone contacted them yet?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
And trying to phone customer care is a nightmare, you are on hold listening to irritating music for 20 minutes and then still no agent answers your call

under_sky

Expert Member
And trying to phone customer care is a nightmare, you are on hold listening to irritating music for 20 minutes and then still no agent answers your call
I waited around 22 minutes before I could talk to someone but they even restarted and provisioned the sim from their side and then it seems to only work every now and then. I’m getting service and able to dial *111# but no data

nu11

Classic Vodacom not to let their customers know that they are busy shitting bed. My phone SIM is fine but my 2 data SIMs are on and off.

under_sky

Expert Member
Classic Vodacom not to let their customers know that they are busy shitting bed. My phone SIM is fine but my 2 data SIMs are on and off.
Exact issue here. Must be something with them changing some policies etc

alternate

Expert Member
It started for me on Monday and has been getting progressively worse.
Either no service or unable to get 3G/4G, or should I say any type of data connection at all.

Last edited:

zubheir

I think it's related to telkom users roaming on vodacom. The network quality just dropped

kabusi

Yes, having major issues with my data sim.
Often I do a balance enquiry over USSD, since I cannot get any signal to log onto anything including the app and I get told 0mb data remanining when I have over 200MB data. Then magically later the data reappears.
Have to reboot my phone often too to connect to whatsapp. Cant even load a web page most times.

Soulcode

I have the same problem in Odendaalsrus, Free State. It started on the 6th of August for me. Every night during peak time the connection goes to ****.

Solarion

Honorary Master
All day yesterday and today 3g, HSDPA and EDGE all down. Connects for a few mins then drops for several hours.

I have had to borrow a CellC dongle. Please Vodacom I have work to do please fix this.