Internet stability

kabusi

I am having a problem for the last 10 days. If I switch from wi-fi to mobile data it does not work until my phone is restarted.

Ivanr

Expert Member
@ kabusi
I am having a problem for the last 10 days. If I switch from wi-fi to mobile data it does not work until my phone is restarted.
It is not the network but your phone deciding between WiFi or SIM network connection, necessitating the reboot of the phone :) Think about your post and reply.

under_sky

Expert Member
If it's iPhone go under settings and select data only not voice +data

Had this problem about 2 years ago.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
All over it seems. on two devices. One is H+ capable - loses connectivity completely at random times. The other is 4G - does the same.
The billing system is in a mess -- reflect the wrong months as per the app.
And the data is NOT counting down either!
Decided it was a wasted effort to report because as others have posted, all that happens is you are left on hold and when you get through, all they do is reconfigure whatever your service.
has to be a general network service issue.

kabusi

@ kabusi
It is not the network but your phone deciding between WiFi or SIM network connection, necessitating the reboot of the phone :) Think about your post and reply.
I tried a sim from another network and no such problem. Just an issue with vodacom and started about a week ago on a phone and sim that has worked over a year in this manor without major issues. As mentioned in a previous post it got worse to the point where ussd balance enquiry showed 0 data at times and proper balance other times even without loading data. Just mentioned that a restart helps but not always. Ironically vodacom is working today without a restart even though I switched to mobile from WiFi multiple times. The signal is still dicey.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I also have issues with Vodacom. Totally not usable for anything serious without a backup ISP and I will not continue with them once the 24 months are up. Bought the 80GB LTE deal and have been using them for a few months now.

I randomly lose connection with Vodacom, mainly at night. Sometimes no issues for days, then it goes off for a few minutes. Sometimes the lack of throughput lasts way longer than that. So it's not usable for work or trading as I never know when it's going to switch off. Still have full signal whenever this happens.

Have used Telkom LTE (my backup/main sim) for 8 years and have never experienced these random no throughput like I do with Vodacom. So will stick with Telkom in future as I know that always just works although speeds are a bit slower than Vodacom. Being always connected with 10MB/s is much better than having 50MB/s but being randomly disconnected.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Here in the Midlands area, Richmond, we have Intermittent drop out of service.

LTE disappears in the whole village, then shortly after 3G, while 2G remains up and unaffected.
The drop lasts about 3 minutes, then 3G returns, then LTE returns, every 3 or 4 hours.

Seems to be a national problem.

When you preform a manual network scan, only 2G shows up.

Solarion

Honorary Master
Going on for a week now. I've never seen Vodacom's network so bad not in several decades. Considering it's a nationwide thing and it's only Vodacom one can only assume there is some kind of failure with their core infrastructure somewhere.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Going on for a week now. I've never seen Vodacom's network so bad not in several decades. Considering it's a nationwide thing and it's only Vodacom one can only assume there is some kind of failure with their core infrastructure somewhere.
No, plain old fashioned gross incompetence at work.
It started with their tampering with their billing systems and the VC app and has now spread like a wild fire throughout network operations.

MervynB

All day yesterday and today 3g, HSDPA and EDGE all down. Connects for a few mins then drops for several hours.

I have had to borrow a CellC dongle. Please Vodacom I have work to do please fix this.
I think the problem extends beyond Vodacom. Our complex has a Telkom VOIP telephone system and WiFi and for the past two weeks we have been experiencing the problems listed in this thread.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Miracles never cease! I see that VC has in the last 48/24 hours FIXED their billing system and app! It now shows the correct dates again , but has started to count down your data allowance again :crying:.
Was quite happy with that problem, they could have left that one alone :ROFL:

Solarion

Honorary Master
I'm getting decent connection locally and the latency is not bad but there is something wrong with the DNS routing or Resolution when connecting to the UK and Australia. Can't quite put my finger on it. I've tried to Skype some relatives overseas and although we can chat to each other, the video no longer works and connection keeps dropping.