Introducing Progenix (Giveaways Inside!)

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
I remember you guys! Those were the days. Pity aCe let the place die. I think most of the members moved over to MYBB when it started dying.
I remember you by your old nick, I had zero clue who you were as The_Ogre :p

The overclockers, modders and gamers mostly moved to Prophecy (now Carb). Other than Mr Bean, JasonHK, Neosteve, TraX etc, everyone is still around from time to time.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Has 3 of my "must haves" for an online store:
Prices (my #1 gripe with, mostly, SA sites)
Well organised menu system
Ability to show more than 20 items in one screen

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
Has 3 of my "must haves" for an online store:
Prices (my #1 gripe with, mostly, SA sites)
Well organised menu system
Ability to show more than 20 items in one screen
Thanks you :)

1. I believe that if you take care of your customers, the money side will take care of itself.
2. Ease of use was important, not just in terms of the menu, but the filters as well (which are still incomplete for some categories, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you how much work filters can be). A customer should be able to narrow down the selection to ten items or less without knowing the model they want. Filters are getting more work in the near future in terms of AJAX updates, so there’s no need to click “refine”
3. I really don’t like having to scroll to page 482 to see the item I want. I made the default 30 as it’s divisible by three (on desktop it shows three items per line), and it a nice balance between load times even on a slow connection, and minimizing the amount of navigation required to find what you’re looking for.

It took a lot of planning and tweaking, the site was a work in progress for an estimated 600 hours before I launched (that includes adding products - if you walk into a new Pick n Pay that only has three items on each shelf you’re unlikely to ever return, even when they’re fully stocked. I had a goal for the number of items per category before launch, although obviously this will continue to grow with time. I’m also avoiding redundancy, nobody needs to choose between 27 1.8m HDMI cables).

Thank you for the feedback, it’s much appreciated!

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
Due to the outstanding support we've received and tomorrow being a public holiday, we've decided to extend the competition by 24 hours :D

Click the image or here to enter.

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
Congratulations to Chris Baek, who has won a R 500 voucher!

Further congratulations to Shiven Premdayal, who has won a R 200 voucher!