iOS 4.0.1

hammell

How do I download ios 4.0.1 without using iTunes? My connection keeps dropping so I want to use a DL manager...

K

kingrob

I would not waste 280MB on a download that only increase the signal bars of your iPhone.

Wait for iPhone OS 4.1, or stay with iOS4.

johnw

I would not waste 280MB on a download that only increase the signal bars of your iPhone.

Wait for iPhone OS 4.1, or stay with iOS4.
It may be a 0.1 of a difference but at least I now have 3G on my iPhone 3G in my office :) Have never had this before!!

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Okay, so you download the file through these links, what next? I don't own an iPhone, just trying to help out a fellow mate, that is the reason for the noob Q. :D

d0b33

Honorary Master
Okay, so you download the file through these links, what next? I don't own an iPhone, just trying to help out a fellow mate, that is the reason for the noob Q. :D
yes, use the iclarified links i posted, then connect device to itunes and alt/option+click restore or upgrade.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Yeah, I used yours, cause the other one seems to be for version 4.0. I will be doing the upgrade on a pc, so I assume it will be shift + click upgrade? :)

d0b33

Honorary Master
Yeah, I used yours, cause the other one seems to be for version 4.0. I will be doing the upgrade on a pc, so I assume it will be shift + click upgrade? :)
Yeah maybe PC is shift not alt, forgot.

ihsaan

If you've got an iPhone 3g i would recommend ios4 with sbsettings. Your phone runs faster cos your mail app doesnt always sit in the background. Having some hassles jailbreaking the 3gs on ios4 though