iPad 2 coming soon!?!?!?

robhob

Could this mean we'll be getting the iPad 2 soon?
"Apple rolled out iPads to 25 more countries at the end of March, and will be placing them in 13 additional countries in the week ahead."
Mashable: iPad 2 demand

minerva

I saw a piece on BBC this morning and aparrantly lcd shortages due to the earthquake in Japan means that Apple does not even have enough stock to supply to the US and European demand. So I would say dont hold your breath. Remember the iPad 1 was released in the states in April 2010 and only made it to SA officially in Jan 2011.

robhob

I saw a piece on BBC this morning and aparrantly lcd shortages due to the earthquake in Japan means that Apple does not even have enough stock to supply to the US and European demand. So I would say dont hold your breath. Remember the iPad 1 was released in the states in April 2010 and only made it to SA officially in Jan 2011.
This is what Mr Cook said:
“I can tell you that I’m extremely pleased with the progress of the manufacturing ramp,” Mr. Cook said. “So I’m very confident that we can produce a very large number of iPads for the quarter.”
http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/arti..._2_in_13_more_countries/?utm_campaign=feature

BobJones

Expert Member
Ship times in the US just dropped to 1-2 weeks, and there are only refurb iPad 1G in the online store and no clearance models.

I think that points to sooner rather than later iPad 2 launch date here.

Nicci

Honorary Master
Hahaha - I'm sorry - couldn't resist! But I have to say - what an awesome device!!

robhob

There we go! Apple iPad 2 available on the 29th! Pity… I didn't know this three weeks ago when I ordered one in the UK! Well my wife is happy, she wants one too and will probably have hers before mine arrives!