iPad case / cover

Mars

Honorary Master
I'm also looking for an iPad case.
I am using the one I got with my iPad, but the problem is that it covers the front of the iPad and makes touching icons on the edge of the screen difficult.
The apple folio case does not cover the front of the screen at all.

surfs-up

Expert Member
I bought the genuine Apple case for iPad. It is insanely expensive from some sharks locally, so I bought mine on eBay. I am very happy with the Apple case, soft, cleans easily with a damp cloth, easy access to iPad.....for me it does a great job. Try and get someone to send you one from overseas

ebendl

Expert Member
I also have the offical iPad one - really works well. Love being able to access the screen directly and love the fact that you can prop up the ipad at an angle to type more easily on it. Also quite light-weight and thin - doesn't add to the weight or bulk of the iPad itself.

Buddy of mine in the office complained against, saying that it won't protect the iPad should you drop it. But his doesn't protect the front at all - only the back!

Bought it with my iPad in Hong Kong - case cost me like R250.

ebendl

Expert Member
cleans easily with a damp cloth

Thanks - was wondering how to clean it. Must say, it does make dirt marks rather quickly, but at least it cleans just as easy.

Also, the official Apple case comes with a high quality cleaning cloth for the iPad itself - it fits directly on top of the screen which makes it easy to carry it around. Does a good job of cleaning the screen!

ebendl

Expert Member
cleans easily with a damp cloth

Thanks - was wondering how to clean it. Must say, it does make dirt marks rather quickly, but at least it cleans just as easy.

Also, the official Apple case comes with a high quality cleaning cloth for the iPad itself - it fits directly on top of the screen which makes it easy to carry it around. Does a good job of cleaning the screen!

wolfsburg

I bought my iPad case in Dubai and it was rather cheap actually ... payed around R450

TYR

Genuine Apple iPAD case ... Perfect in evry way. Got mine via Take2 from Amazon ... R550

RPG_Fan

Incredible connection has those leather cases for R499 that has a Filofax type of look. What is nice is that it can make the IPad stand at different angles. Got one and very happy with it. Use my Bluetooth keyboard as well when necessary.

Riazbapoo

wasup guys . i got ipad cases for sale . its leather and it kinda loooks like a portfolio (im not sure if this is the folio case that u guys are looking for ). it has a kick stand at the back for viewing in portrait and landscape. i can post pictures if u guys want . R400

Mars

Honorary Master
do they cover the front of the iPad in any way?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
The Apple iPad case is perfect for me although it took me a while to realise I could also stand it on it's edge to watch video. :eek:

Bluray

wasup guys . i got ipad cases for sale . its leather and it kinda loooks like a portfolio (im not sure if this is the folio case that u guys are looking for ). it has a kick stand at the back for viewing in portrait and landscape. i can post pictures if u guys want . R400
I think it's a good price if it's anything to go by what the Apple stores sell them for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost Conscious

Special mention: Wayne's World Computers Cresta Mall

Yesterday, while trawling through Cresta Mall, I idly checked on the prices of an Ipad cover. My preference being for the Apple original, which is nothing more than a piece of moulded plastic, cost of raw materials & manufacture in bulk, perhaps £4?

If you buy this at the Apple store on Regent Street today, you will pay £31 (which includes VAT at 20%).

For those unable to travel to London, you can buy one at Wayne's World Cresta for R999 or £88. I guess ya'll can do the math on the % increase/mark-up?

The salesman explained that they had a cost in importing and paying duty. Uh huh - so UK VAT is 20% and SA VAT is 18%, so I think that really only leaves the cost of transportation.

Mark-up over Apple non-discounted price (VAT discounted) shows £57 or R643 to cover transportation/clearance charges.

I suppose what makes this all a huge rip-off, is Apple charging £31 for a piece of plastic that probably costs £4 (R45) or less to make in a Chinese sweat shop....

Even so greedy retailers like Wayne's world compound my anger. Naturally I declined to give them any business.