iPhone 16 Series

Yeah to be fair, if I had the 14 I would not be upgrading.

I thought that, I had the 14 Pro and thought I’d be fine for at least 3 years and wasn’t actively looking. I had an opportunity to get a 15 Pro Max cheap and took it. The usb-c does make it much more versatile, the titanium makes it lighter and easier to pocket and it’s nice to have access to the Intelligence features as they roll out.

From a 14, I’d be upgrading, from a 15 Pro I wouldn’t.
 
Here are the Apple iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro prices around the world

Apple just introduced the iPhone 16 phones with A18 chipsets. Plenty of new AI-powered software features will be enabled next month for free, and here's how much the phones themselves will cost.

We've compiled prices for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany (which is more or less the same across the whole EU), India, China, and Japan. The prices remain unchanged from last year with one exception being India, where the Pro variants actually got cheaper.

Apple will offer all four iPhones with 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB storage. The second option is $100/£100/€130 more expensive than the base option, while the third is $200/£200 more.

The iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max also have a 1 TB tier, which is $200/£200/€250 more than the 512 GB variant. There is no 128 GB version of the Max.


1725956253992.png
 
Here are the Apple iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro prices around the world

Apple just introduced the iPhone 16 phones with A18 chipsets. Plenty of new AI-powered software features will be enabled next month for free, and here's how much the phones themselves will cost.

We've compiled prices for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany (which is more or less the same across the whole EU), India, China, and Japan. The prices remain unchanged from last year with one exception being India, where the Pro variants actually got cheaper.

Apple will offer all four iPhones with 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB storage. The second option is $100/£100/€130 more expensive than the base option, while the third is $200/£200 more.

The iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max also have a 1 TB tier, which is $200/£200/€250 more than the 512 GB variant. There is no 128 GB version of the Max.


View attachment 1756420

Any pricing out for the UAE yet?

Going through in Dec

Edit: Nvm, found it on their website
 
Last edited:
I am still on a 12 Pro. Battery at 76%

Would it be worth it to bite this bullet and get the 16 Pro?
 
I am still on a 12 Pro. Battery at 76%

Would it be worth it to bite this bullet and get the 16 Pro?

12 Pro is more than capable and probably just needs a new battery, but why not spoil yourself. This years model is excellent and SA is finally in the first rollout so its not a long wait.
 
I am still on a 12 Pro. Battery at 76%

Would it be worth it to bite this bullet and get the 16 Pro?

Yeah an upgrade to 16 Pro will be quite nice coming from a 12.
 
For me, it's the battery on my 14PM that would be the only reason. I’ve had mine since launch day, and I’ve noticed that when I first got the phone, the battery easily lasted more than a day with my usage. Now, it’s barely making it through a full day.

On a side note, my partner’s 14PM is no longer displaying cell reception. Under 'Modem' in settings, there’s nothing. She’s currently in West Africa for work, but this issue started last night after she updated her phone. Could this be a software issue? I’ve seen people online saying the hardware might be fried. She’s had the phone since launch as well, and this is the first time something like this has happened with any iPhone either of us has owned

I recall I had issues some years ago when I updated my iPhone in Senegal as the firmware was altered by Orange to remove features like hotspot. Just a thought.
 
Does it not make sense to upgrade especially if you have a new device?
Since it looks like that you at get some discount
1725960903779.png
 
I recall I had issues some years ago when I updated my iPhone in Senegal as the firmware was altered by Orange to remove features like hotspot. Just a thought.
Thats what we are thinking. Will take it to iStore when she gets back and hopefully it's a software issue.
 
My 13 Pro Max is still a joy to use and has 88% battery capacity.

I'll only upgrade if my wife really pests me to get rid of her SE
 
Apple's new MagSafe Charger will be as fast to top up the iPhone 16 Series as a regular cable charger

Apple launched an updated MagSafe Charger yesterday, just in time for the arrival of the iPhone 16. It is still the same compact puck on the outside, compatible with Qi2 and Qi charging, but this one comes with up to 25W wireless charging.

According to the official website, up to 50% battery can be reached in around 30 minutes when paired with the 30W USB-C power adapter.

The good news is that the iPhone 16 will charge faster wirelessly than an iPhone 15 over the wire with a regular 20W adapter.

The bad news is that the 25W rates are reserved for the latest iPhones - the new MagSafe Charger will provide only up to 15W for any phone between iPhone 12 and iPhone 15 and up to 7.5W between iPhone 8 and iPhone 11.

 
iPhone 16's new supercharged Camera Control button is some proper innovation

Outside of developing its own silicon for its iPhones, Apple has not been really innovative with its iPhones releases in recent years. However, the new Camera Control feature that's available on all iPhone 16 models this year could be one of the best features it has introduced in recent years. And in typical Apple style, it's simple, useful, and it combines recent technological advancements.

Unlike the Action Button they introduced last year, the Camera Control isn't exactly a button. It's a small touch-capacitive area with pressure-sensitive sensors and haptic motors beneath that produce haptic feedback to imitate the actual clickiness of a button. This is basically the same technology used in today's MacBook's Force Touch touchpads. And it's covered with sapphire glass, so it should be durable, too.

 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X