iPhone 5S or Samsung Galaxy S5?

rinorobert

Hi Guys,

I'm having a debate with myself as to what I should get. I have been with Samsung for a while namely the S3 but would like to try something different. I've also struggled to get my Samsung Bluetooth to function correctly with my car Bluetooth which I use for music and phone calls.

I was thinking about getting a second hand iPhone 5S as I can't afford the iPhone 6 on prepaid. What are your views on me getting an iPhone 5S over a Samsung Galaxy S5, I know about the screen size and waterproof features etc on the S5, but I am still undecided whether to go with the iPhone 5S or the S5.

Do you have any recommendations?

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi Guys,

I'm having a debate with myself as to what I should get. I have been with Samsung for a while namely the S3 but would like to try something different. I've also struggled to get my Samsung Bluetooth to function correctly with my car Bluetooth which I use for music and phone calls.

I was thinking about getting a second hand iPhone 5S as I can't afford the iPhone 6 on prepaid. What are your views on me getting an iPhone 5S over a Samsung Galaxy S5, I know about the screen size and waterproof features etc on the S5, but I am still undecided whether to go with the iPhone 5S or the S5.

Just on screen size you will hate the 5s. The screen is even smaller than your S3 screen.

Why haven't you considered the Z3 Compact?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Here we go again...

EDIT: If you been with the android/S3 for quite some time you should probably stay put! You know how it works, what it offers and have presumably invested in the ecosystem so if you happy why move? S5 is a very competent piece of hardware! Good upgrade from S3 to S5 too....

Last edited:

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Hi Guys,

What do you use your phone for?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Mainly for "Whatsapp", Navigation (Waze/Google Maps), Instagram, Gmail and Music.
More or less what 90% of us use our phones for, give or take an app here and an app there..

Really, smartphones have become surplus to our needs these days... Fundamentally we use them for the same stuff we used them for 5 years ago...

Not wishing to take this thread OT but wouldn't it be interesting to have a study of a side by side comparison of apps we were using in 2007 vs 2014?

Bet you the list wouldn't differ much...

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Mainly for "Whatsapp", Navigation (Waze/Google Maps), Instagram, Gmail and Music.

That's what I use my iPhone for, so I'd recommend one. Being able to do that all with ease, one handedly, is important to me.

I recommend the Whitagram app for Instagram, unless you strictly do square pics.

Tahir Ally

Hi Guys,

Samsung S5 .Better internals than Iphone.
BIGGER BATTERY :)