iPhones at risk from Apple Mac malware

kianm

Honorary Master
Nowadays you can no longer say you're safe whatever platform you are on. Gone are the days when everyone just labelled MS OSs as the worst and avoided them

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Uhm, third party appstore...
You mean you actually read the article?!

It humours me how most attempts at discrediting Apple come right from the bottom of the barrel. It's an embarrassment.

NiTeD

Expert Member
You mean you actually read the article?!

It humours me how most attempts at discrediting Apple come right from the bottom of the barrel. It's an embarrassment.
Hence the thirdparty appstore, not from Apple.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
I must confess that I wasted time in reading this article! I ask for forgiveness for the time used for doing so!

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
It's not about where malware comes from but where it can go, by it affecting non-jailbroken iPhones that's serious.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
/facepalm
Although hackers have been able to target “jailbroken” iPhones, which have been modified to accept unauthorized software, this new threat appears to pose a threat to devices that have not been modified, the security researchers said.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Although hackers have been able to target “jailbroken” iPhones, which have been modified to accept unauthorized software, this new threat appears to pose a threat to devices that have not been modified, the security researchers said.
“As always, we recommend that users download and install software from trusted sources.”

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Yes, there are varying types, and some of it does.

I hope you aren't applying Windows malware/virus logic to this?

Please clarify your point.
Read my first post in the thread. If you need further clarification read the article.

iOS is vulnerable, suck it up.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Read my first post in the thread. If you need further clarification read the article.

iOS is vulnerable, suck it up.
Anything digital is vulnerable, some much less so than others.

The point you're trying to make seems to border on common sense.

The point here is that if the Official App Store was used, not illegitimate third parties, there would be no problem.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Anything digital is vulnerable, some much less so than others.

The point you're trying to make seems to border on common sense.

The point here is that if the Official App Store was used, not illegitimate third parties, there would be no problem.
Even if only the app store was used the problem would still exist and that's what the concern is.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
You do not even have to install anything to get your juicy photos all over the internet just let iCloud do it's job.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Even if only the app store was used the problem would still exist and that's what the concern is.
Overrated. Concern is always there.

You know it especially when it's the anti Apple crowd more concerned than the actual users.