IPv6 Roll Out

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
I've been trying since last night no joy :confused:

I tried this and this after a long long search but the PPPOE connections still refuses to get a IPv6 address.
Local on the switch0 all my devices do have both addresses, just the external WAN IPv6 that doesn't work.

Hopefully @AfriNatic can get the guys to test and let us know what we have to do to get it working.
I have also tried all of those, with no luck

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
Even changing the PPPoE on the EdgeRouter haven’t looked properly but can you direct me ?

or do you do the wizard every time ?

EDIT
ubnt@rtr2:~$ configure
[edit]
ubnt@rtr2# set interfaces ethernet eth1 pppoe 0 user-id joe
[edit]
ubnt@rtr2# set interfaces ethernet eth1 pppoe 0 password secret2
[edit]
ubnt@rtr2# commit
[edit]
ubnt@rtr2# show interfaces ethernet eth1 pppoe pppoe 0 { password secret2 user-id joe }
ubnt@rtr2# save ;
exit Saving configuration to ‘/config/config.boot’... Done
[edit]
ubnt@rtr2# exit exit
I first tried using the wizard and then tried some stuff found Ubiquiti forums. But no luck yet

blunt

Expert Member
I've been trying since last night no joy :confused:

I tried this and this after a long long search but the PPPOE connections still refuses to get a IPv6 address.
Local on the switch0 all my devices do have both addresses, just the external WAN IPv6 that doesn't work.

Hopefully @AfriNatic can get the guys to test and let us know what we have to do to get it working.
I see those examples use a /56 and /64 - make sure you are using /60 prefix on Openserve with AH.. might help if you didn't try that

Freakboy

Expert Member
I see those examples use a /56 and /64 - make sure you are using /60 prefix on Openserve with AH.. might help if you didn't try that

I started with 60 as per the info in this thread, then tried 56, 62 and 64 also no joy. Put it back to 60 just in case it fixes itself

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic im sure I've asked before but are there any plans to v6 the afrihost APN?

The goal is to get IPv6 on everything on our network. We do however rely on the last mile providers to support it. If they do it will get IPv6. Right now the Mobile Operators aren't ready for IPv6 yet.

Mike43110

Any issues with the v6 network today on Vuma?

I started having issues last night and after going through support and none of their resolutions functioning - disabled v4 and now everything's functional again

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Any issues with the v6 network today on Vuma?

I started having issues last night and after going through support and none of their resolutions functioning - disabled v4 and now everything's functional again

Do you have examples of what is not working? Which Ipv6 DNS are you using?

Mike43110

Was using the AH provided DNS.

Oddly enough - this seems to be resolved using SLAAC instead of DHCPv6 on the WS5200. Enabling DHCPv6 causes loss to appear on the route to netflix.com.

This could just be a router issue as I have had to make a few network changes over the weekend - though the AH settings not functioning I feel is worth pointing out.

Last edited:

ViCoM

On Friday when i checked on my interfaces, there was IPV6, over the weekend when i wanted to setup my LAN devices, it is now gone. I'm on FF

1627901888387.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Yep, both the ONT and firewall/router, several times even today

Can you drop me a pm with your email for me to have a quick look when last we see IPv6 lease request from you?

XTM

Thanks @AfriNatic. Seems IPv6 dns server mode set to auto for it to work. IPv6 IP address still blank though. IPv6 test shows low speed then IPv4

XTM

IPv4 speed​

Address
ZA.png
ISPAfrihost SP
Speed8.64 Mbit/s

IPv6 speed​

Address
ZA.png
2c0f:f4c0:9110:230:b509:ecc9:d33f:2fba
ISPAfrihost (Pty) Ltd
Speed8.29 Mbit/s