Is Bitcoin stalling?

I reckon it will pick up again soon especially after the news of Microsoft officially accepts Bitcoin. Btw, I sold mine for $450 last month :p Now the price's hovering at around $351. **** yeah.

I still struggle to see how its going to work if you cut the people out that are meant to help you.

Dont get me wrong, I think the concept is really great, but the practical side has too many issues.
For instance you cut out the government and tell them to go stuff themselves and the central banks,
next minute your money is stolen/hacked and you run to the government for help. :confused:

I still struggle to see how its going to work if you cut the people out that are meant to help you.

Dont get me wrong, I think the concept is really great, but the practical side has too many issues.
For instance you cut out the government and tell them to go stuff themselves and the central banks,
next minute your money is stolen/hacked and you run to the government for help. :confused:

Uh, no, you're wrong. Please read this: https://bitcoin.org/en/faq. Every word of it. I've been using BTC to buy stuff since 6 months ago. Last month I bought a GTX770 (Around R3.5K) from TakeAlot with Bitcoin (via PayFast). It was pretty instant. No issues. I bought a lot of cheap games from Humblestore last week with BTC. No issues.

Last edited:

Whaaaaaaaaa? You sure you're thinking about Bitcoin?

I don't think it's stalling. $1200 was not sustainable, it had to normalize which it has done.

I regret selling at under $0.02/coin and giving away dozens :(

I don't think it's stalling. $1200 was not sustainable, it had to normalize which it has done.

Oh **** :(

I regret buying when it was R7600/btc :( Still hoping it pays off in the long run though.

Considering how unknown Bitcoin was at the time, nobody could've predicted that it would've exploded the way it did. Had I known and held, my ~ R7,000 could've been closer to ~ R200 mil. when it peaked at $1200 odd per coin. Ah well.

is it worth buying one btc and sell it later on etc

Right now, 1 BTC costs R4083.17 ($351.66). BTC is extremely volatile. It's been like this for a long time. Imo, buy some BTC now with your money that you are WILLING to lose and sell them asap when the price goes back to >$400. You might have to wait for a while for this to happen. To be honest, you would better off buy some gold with your money and hide them in your yard.

Make sure you are familiar with how trading works (Basic level) in stock markets before doing anything.

Last edited:
i have been playing fake stock markets b4,its nice

but takes so long

wish i started in 09 ,and mined like hell and buy coins like crazy

but then i look at the mega miners,there mining rooms are HUGE!
how the hell should us normal guys compete with that

OjO, what do you mean by "normalize", and how does it happen?

$1200 was a spike, it would not last and anyone who follows the trends of Bitcoin over time would've known that. Spikes are normally driven by hype and followed by a sudden, massive drop, after which the price climbs slightly and settles.

Have a look here (not my image)

u9Yh30Z.jpg

Back