Is cached content charged for

gigtech

haha, seems like lots of people are doing that. well, i stay online 24/7 be there a cap or not.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
gigtech said:
haha, seems like lots of people are doing that. well, i stay online 24/7 be there a cap or not.

Me too, seeing that my monitor doesn't update at all unless I disconnect :D

nocilah

Banned
eh?

I left my machine on for 2 hours on Sunday just 'idling' and I think it was like 2Kb traffic that came in and 1Kb out... Using BW to measure bandwidth coming in and out and have Mcafee Firewall running... I think my machine is tighter then a virgins ass in terms of 'traffic' leaks...

AVG takes up about 4Mb a week (depending on what updates are available)
I dont use IE

The only uneccessary Bandwidth waist is spam but I have a masterplan for that.

DELETE infected email address :D

Unless BW meter is screwing me... but it ties in to the daily figures WBS sends me

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
VT, is BWMeter (yes?) capable of measuring the traffic that hits your firewall but doesn't make it past the firewall?

nocilah

Banned
ic said:
VT, is BWMeter (yes?) capable of measuring the traffic that hits your firewall but doesn't make it past the firewall?

not entirely sure... but Mcafee has a built in BW meter too... but HIGHLY unreliable. Mcafee says 89Mb used this month (in and out )

BW meter says --- 415Mb (in and out)

Iburst says --- 356.97 (in and out) bearing in minf they did reset the cap thingie

Take away usage on Friday 17.4Mb (cuz of reset) from 415Mb =

397Mb which is what iBurst should more a less say I have used.

Not 100% sure cuz have no real idea when BW cap manager was reset by iBurst.....

Does BWMeter Record Firewall Activity that has been blocked by FIrewall?
Hrmm not entirely sure...

NOPE... just did a test... it doesnt :(
okay that suxors!