is it just me...

gboy

Expert Member
so i cannot understand the attitude, so i am looking for another flat, i see a nice one in the newspaper, i call the estate agent ask if i can perhaps see it on Saturday, some of us must work.

She tell me in a blatantly rude way that she does not work on Saturdays.

I ask her can she make a plan for someone else to show me the flat, rudely she says no. and puts down the phone.

So she lost a 2 year lease with option to buy.

I relay like the flat so i will phone the principal tomorrow.

but can you believe the attitude. the economy must really be booming for them.

or is it just me or am i being un-reasonable.

guest2013-1

no its not just you. I'm looking all around and see 100's of people that doesn't have a kewking clue about how to run a business successfully (aka, make money)

they will rudely fob off potential customers or handle current clientele like scum and then wonder why they don't make any money.

"Must be the economic down turn!"

The other day all I wanted was a price list. I had to phone the guy every day for about 6 days before I gave up. Each time "I'll send it to you now"

Eventually found another supplier... no sales people available. Found another supplier, no sales people available but I got a cellphone number. Phoned twice, left a message. Received a sms back saying "I'm only starting again on Monday"

Wow? Okay... onto the next supplier that can help me.

You'd think a company who'd want to earn some revenue would at least have 1 sales person on staff over the holidays. Even if it was for half a day! Imagine all the lost sales. I know I wanted to spend at least R35 000 just now and possibly another 4.5million in the next 16 months at a decent supplier. But now it seems that it would be cheaper for me to arrange stock in America, fly there myself, and get what I want with 24/7 support and sales done... over the internet nogal.

Economic downturn due to stupidity and unwillingness to earn your keep. I will be surprised if the agent you phoned will still be with a job in the next couple of months.

I'd complain with the agency CEO!

Hosehead

Executive Member
Estate Agents are amongst the lowest life forms crawling our Planet. That said, traditionally they do sweet F*cuk all on Saturdays except post their signboards.
Phone the principal and lay a complaint with the Estate Agents Board and to really stir the pot ask to see the rude agents fidelity fund certificate.

gboy

Expert Member
the worst part is i am a registered estate agent...... wrote the exam last year. (needed it for my business) So it erks me even more. I know exactly how they are battling.

thedutchman

Expert Member
how do you become an estate agent ? how long does the course take ? where can i find some more info

kiepie

Executive Member
People like them have a success story/business right in front of them, unfortunately these people will never make an success of it. Most of them is rude, lazy or just to shallow minded!

I really do try and support "the business with less clients", like the printing shop on the corner instead of Postnet, but damn, the service you get is just horrible! :mad:

Or the family business printing t shirts instead of the well establish company RIGHT next to them! Their response is, this is going to take 2 hours, and the means we will have to work 10mins past 5pm!! Business next door stayed open the extra few mins! :rolleyes:

People complaining business is bad, but closes shop over Christmas time! The busiest time of the year! (was a food business,but owner wants to rest!)

Come on people, if you don't want the business sell it to me! :D