Is it possible to cancel a 24 month iburst contract?

bigboy529

Expert Member
Hi
I want to find out if it's possible to cancel a iburst 24 month contract if you are already a few months in to the contract and whether anything in the CPA can help out. A friend of mine has been using iburst for a few years now and unfortunatly signed another 24 month contract a month or 3 ago. He wants to cancel the contract simply because of getting bad reseption and with that, also very bad service and tech support. 1 or 2 days the reseption at home is fine, but the other 29 days of the month it is simply horible. He can't get his work done, to the extent ware he must revert to using much more expensive vodacom data despite having about 30 GB of built up iburst data which he can't use because it is simply tooooo damm slow or not working at all. Phoning tech support if not working at all, the people usually tells him to reinstall the iburst drivers then it will work again. This simply doesn't make scence because the problem is reseption and the next day after doing or changing nothing, it will work perfect again for a few hours and he is bye the way in a area where reseption is suppose to be very good.

Thanks for any advice

Bursty-dude

Expert Member
Good luck to your friend.

He will have to pay an exhorbitant cancellation fee. We are in the same boat and will rather wait until March 2013 and cancel this crap than pay them over 6K to cancel it earlier.

Markd

I have now left iBurst, and Ill NEVER be going back! Worst ISP in the country without a doubt. Customer service sucks ass. Good luck.

nerf

I have now left iBurst, and Ill NEVER be going back! Worst ISP in the country without a doubt. Customer service sucks ass. Good luck.
Let not forget that Telkom is the worst ;p

sdikgetsi

Why they still in business is beyond me.Same bout. Once the contract expires I am out and never will want to hear from them.