Is it possible to uninstall xp Service pack 3?

blue-eye-boy

Expert Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
2,973
Reaction score
5
Hey there, I wanted to try it, if it's possible. All because of this issue.
Someone on www.pcbuyersguide.co.za advices me to completely remove my 4 port usb hub, and try then. So I did it, and wrote 2 dvd's successfully at 16x speed. I know this is good, but would just like to try without sp3, and see what happens.
 
ha ha i have the same feeling with my thread about folders on my desktop.
 
When you installed SP3, the installer should have made backups of your system files prior to installing SP3.

So, in theory, you should be able to uninstall SP3 - but practically, knowing M$, you'll end up with some weird issues.

Best to see if you can create a backup image of your hard drive - then uninstall SP3, and installing SP2 afterwards.

If things goes south, you can restore from the backup image.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X