• No - lower it

Votes: 77 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 39 10.1%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Is level three lockdown enough? Should it be raised to level four or five, and if so should it be raised nationally, or just hotspot areas such as Gauteng?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Last edited:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Scrap em al, its too late too late, the entire stable has bolted.
There's no stable, there never were any horses.

Crackdowns do not effectively counter the spread of covid from the get go. They are an inefficient, political weapon used against a population suffering the double onslaught of economic and health crises.

Implement proper and relevant medical and health interventions.

lowriderza

Expert Member
I chose other, because Lockdown is not the best answer. And I say this with a heavy heart I have people close to me sick and dying of this stupid virus. Maybe in a country with a better Health System and one that could pay its people to stay at home, but not here.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I chose other, because Lockdown is not the best answer. And I say this with a heavy heart I have people close to me sick and dying of this stupid virus. Maybe in a country with a better Health System and one that could pay its people to stay at home, but not here.
lockdowns dont work, never have and never will,
they are just a draconian measure initiated by somebody to do "something"

cause more damage then they solve honestly, but again people do it because its "for the greater good" even if its totally unnecessary.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I'm really sorry for you, but they would still be suffering. The lockdown wont stop them from getting it or suffering from it.
this, lockdown is like Chemotherapy, sometimes it works, but you suffer anyway.

Cius

Executive Member
The real fix is to allow medical aids to procure and distribute vaccines. Lockdowns being needed at this stage of the pandemic is just embarrassing considering how much further along so many other countries are in their vaccination process. Israel hardly has deaths anymore since they vaccinated their adult population. The deaths at this point are mostly preventable if government had not screwed up the procurement and roll out of the vaccines so epically.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Everyone seems to have forgotten what the purpose of our 21-day lockdown was, back March 2021. Everyone also seems to have forgotten about the corruption and thievery that transpired since March 2021.
Stolen PPE, stolen food parcels..

If the purpose of the initial lockdown was followed through, together with all the other commitments promised by the ANC, would today's situation exist?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Everyone seems to have forgotten what the purpose of our 21-day lockdown was, back March 2021. Everyone also seems to have forgotten about the corruption and thievery that transpired since March 2021.

If the purpose of the initial lockdown was followed through, together with all the other commitments promised by the ANC, would today's situation exist?
I've read Squirrel's waffle from March 23 2020 several times today.

I want to make it clear that we expect all South Africans to act in the interest of the South African nation and not in their own selfish interests. We will therefore act very strongly against any attempts at corruption and profiteering from this crisis.

Him and his cANCerous cunts ****ed us all big time.

DHimself

yeah man, the initial reason was for the hospitals to prep and anticipate volumes. As soon as the threat "passed" the field hospitals (the CTICC) were closed. That was a bad move. Combine that with the thievery, the delay in vaccines, etc etc. I'm inclined to not agree with the lockdown. I'm forced to understand why, but I don't agree.

netstrider

Expert Member
The real fix is to allow medical aids to procure and distribute vaccines. Lockdowns being needed at this stage of the pandemic is just embarrassing considering how much further along so many other countries are in their vaccination process. Israel hardly has deaths anymore since they vaccinated their adult population. The deaths at this point are mostly preventable if government had not screwed up the procurement and roll out of the vaccines so epically.
Apart from a peak CFR of ~1.8% in May of 2020 Israel's CFR has always been quite low. It has been under 1% since July of 2020.

MissMapp

this, lockdown is like Chemotherapy, sometimes it works, but you suffer anyway.
What lockdowns are like, is as though in order to (attempt to) stave off death (for a while) for the vulnerable, chemotherapy is applied to a vast population of healthy people - damaging everyone. It’s not ethical at all. This remains a disease with a very high survival rate despite the hype and hysteria. When you were born you agreed to the deal that you are going to ultimately die. So there’s one more way to die now, one more in a huge universe of risk you take every day.

Cius

Executive Member
Apart from a peak CFR of ~1.8% in May of 2020 Israel's CFR has always been quite low. It has been under 1% since July of 2020.
Not sure about the % but Israel's death rate in terms of daily deaths peaked in Jan of 2021 and dwindled to almost nothing now that their entire adult population has been vaccinated as of March sometime.