Votes: 61 15.7%
  • No - lower it

Votes: 77 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 39 10.1%

• Total voters

Lupus

Honorary Master
People only understand , when they lose people they know or possibly a family member. then they realise... hey this virus is real and it's affecting them personally.
Like anything in life? But sadly you have to keep going.

borro

Expert Member
End all lockdowns immediately, they don't work!
This thing comes and goes in waves as we have been told by the experts so just surf the wave :cool:
“End all lockdowns immediately, they don't work!”
GrootP, April, 2029

Paulsie

Expert Member
They must be overreacting that also. Remember, regardless of death rate which is again around 150-200 per day again. The fact is , that if the hospitals are flooded and not enough staff or doctors or beds or oxygen . That is where "ball gets dropped".

I guess they imagining all of that.
There..... You said it!!!!

Napalm

Expert Member
So what is all this mask wearing doing , preventing what ?
You see the majority wear the mask and try to social distance. Keep away from big groups or long queue's... but then you get the few "5%-10%" that go and party , do as they like, visit buddies and party hard.

They go and undo all the safety's the rest of us are trying to maintain. They go to malls, infect innocent people..cause they went to a party 3days prior. Infection could be by standing too close to someone, maybe wearing mask incorrectly.

The onus is also to wear the mask correctly, i think you can be safe if you wear the right mask and cover mouth and nose. Problem is... we got cloth masks, 1ply masks, 2ply masks and some dodgy fake masks going around. If you have maybe 8-20 people in a shop or mall wearing it incorrectly and they maybe cross paths with one of those "5% to 10%" that went to a jol/braai, infection is then fairly easy.

If both parties wear their mask correctly, i think the safety fairly good. if both wearing it incorrect or both have poor quality masks. One might be in for a ruff ride.

Zecret

Socisl distancing should be done by force. You see the majority wear the mask and try to social distance. Keep away from big groups or long queue's... but then you get the few "5%-10%" that go and party , do as they like, visit buddies and party hard.

They go and undo all the safety's the rest of us are trying to maintain. They go to malls, infect innocent people..cause they went to a party 3days prior. Infection could be by standing too close to someone, maybe wearing mask incorrectly.

The onus is also to wear the mask correctly, i think you can be safe if you wear the right mask and cover mouth and nose. Problem is... we got cloth masks, 1ply masks, 2ply masks and some dodgy fake masks going around. If you have maybe 8-20 people in a shop or mall wearing it incorrectly and they maybe cross paths with one of those "5% to 10%" that went to a jol/braai, infection is then fairly easy.

If both parties wear their mask correctly, i think the safety fairly good. if both wearing it incorrect or both have poor quality masks. One might be in for a ruff ride.

Scrap em al, its too late too late, the entire stable has bolted.

All bashes cooperate parties should be scratched.keep distance wear your mask properly. Carry a hand sanitizer with always. Avoid being on groups. Stay at home if you do not need anything outside. Alternatively bring soldiers to control taxi ranks and the CBD area

Zecret

Any help it could have made is negated by the fact its taken so long to decide. By the time meetings are held and decisions made we'll be on the downward trend again.

I think all focus and funds should now be on vaccination and nothing else.
The problem lies within the gorvenment itself. They are busy running court shows while people are dying. The money being wasted on such cases should be injected into buying vaccines and paying the health staff . No more chit chat get vaccine and open more sites for vaccination.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I voted Other, because what's the point of changing the lockdown level when the rules of lockdown doesn't get enforced, regardless of level.
What’s the point of having levels at all when each level has no fixed rules?

People only understand , when they lose people they know or possibly a family member. then they realise... hey this virus is real and it's affecting them personally.
I suppose maybe people need personally to suffer catastrophic economic damage to realise it is real. Maybe once people lose their homes and are living on the street with hungry children.

I know, no one wants to curb any Business or employee's from going to work , earning moneys and a living. Yet, this virus is spreading from person to person on contact with employee's, friends, family, malls, smaller shops, pharmacy's etc.
In that case there’s really nothing that can be done.

vs Hard lockdown is only people at work. Only essential workers @ work. Most people working from home anyway. Shopping or pharmacy is then just quick 15-20min trip and back home to stay indoors.
You’d be better off staying outdoors.

Like i said.. not all can work from home. but then again... not all those jobs are essential.
I suspect they’re very much essential to the people who do those jobs.

Napalm

Expert Member
What’s the point of having levels at all when each level has no fixed rules?

I suppose maybe people need personally to suffer catastrophic economic damage to realise it is real. Maybe once people lose their homes and are living on the street with hungry children.

In that case there’s really nothing that can be done.

You’d be better off staying outdoors.

I suspect they’re very much essential to the people who do those jobs.
I get your point noxi... You can see the numbers for yourself.

Everything is linked like a long metal string of metal links. If one does one thing on one end.. it has a ripple effect on everything else in the chain. It being either political choices or financial choices or health choices.

People can jibber jabber. End of the day we are trying to do a juggle act. We all have a hand in that too.

If every person in SA followed the rules and regulations, wearing mask properly, sanitized often, kept the physical 1.5 to 2meter distances and not crowd places up. Not having mass gatherings, no partying with buddy's, not visiting family and relatives every weekend or during the week. We would probably not have needed even level2 lockdown. Everyone would be happy, open and doing what is needed to keep things running. End of the day , yes we want the economy to thrive, we all want to earn our money and be safe at the same time.

This is however not how the cookie crumbles. People break the regulations, have mass party's. Go visit friends and family and go drink and party even in curfew times. They don't even wear masks when visiting their friends or family. Then when numbers rise and things go south. People want to moan about deaths and people's livelihoods as if they had no hand in this.

I understand also that it is more than possible that the majority, maybe 90% is abiding by the rules. Trying to keep safe and doing their part. It could very well be the 5-10% that is causing the nonsense and spreads and partying like it's 1969. They are however causing the economy and all the restrictions to take this turn.

Cause vs Effect. What we do now...has an effect on things later. The public has the power to either go with the flow and allow it. The same public has the power to report those people or tell them to get in line... and possibly stop a mass spread. If we stay quiet, we add to the "cause" which has the effect of small spreads leading to bigger spreads, leading to multiple group spreads etc.etc.

Think about it, if someone could have stopped the initial spread back in end of 2019. (If they stopped the initial movement to other country's). It could have been contained quickly or possibly stopped in it's tracks.

Now this thing is loose like a wildfire. I'm just trying not to throw petrol on the fire by doing my part. I entertain myself indoors, read books, catchup on tv-series. Try to stay safe. Not to spread it if i do get it.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
LD was raised to some sort of level 4.
At the same time, we are seeing one of the biggest violations of ALL the rules taking place at nKandla right now.

One huge crowdsourced experiment into all this super spreader/crowd gathering/ mask-wearing or not, and social distancing or not.

So in a few days, we should see IF any of this "stuff" works or not? Right?

A variant that is 97% more transmissible, goes undetected for longer should trigger a spike in KZN.

If nothing happens what are all the proponents going to say then?

Napalm

Expert Member
LD was raised to some sort of level 4.
At the same time, we are seeing one of the biggest violations of ALL the rules taking place at nKandla right now.

One huge crowdsourced experiment into all this super spreader/crowd gathering/ mask-wearing or not, and social distancing or not.

So in a few days, we should see IF any of this "stuff" works or not? Right?

A variant that is 97% more transmissible, goes undetected for longer should trigger a spike in KZN.

If nothing happens what are all the proponents going to say then?
Lets eyeball / monitor KZN over the next few days.

29th of June - 947
30th of June - 1265
1st - 1241
2nd - 1676
3rd - 1473
4th - 1166

Average of just below 1300 over 6day period. Next Sunday and the Sunday after will tell the tale. (cause it can take 3-5days before someone shows symptoms and get tested.)