Votes: 61 15.7%
  • No - lower it

Votes: 77 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 39 10.1%

• Total voters

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Like i said.. not all can work from home. but then again... not all those jobs are essential. Remember Lvl5 is essential only. So those people won't be working that time. They will be at home. Only Food shops, Car repair shops and mechanics , Pharmacy and Doctors/Hospitals
And the rest? I run my own hairdresser, but **** me in the eye, you back a piece of **** governement that dictates that I cannot operate and put food on my table or pay my 5 staff?

GFY and your crackdown. Fair?

Veneficus

unless you job requires physically to be there.. like a healthworker or Shop Sales, Pharmacy or Electrician or Plumber or Mechanic. Those type of jobs require physically to be there.

But most technical work can work remotely from home, finance people can use teams or video conference and digital file sharing, Call-centre company's like insurance places and Helpdesks can have phones diverted, IT people obviously using VPN and Teamviewer to assist users remotely, Even some sales people working remotely and advertising online and only go to physical location when say a Vehicle or item is to be viewed or picked up.

A few of my family members also need to be physically at work, but even with them. They arrange to be onsite only when needed , say if some paperwork needs signatures or they need to quickly meetup regarding a project. The rest they try to do emailing and telephony.

Many ways to try and keep safe.
Well that is then easy
Ask the company you work for to give approval for you to work from home
And do so and stay there

Nothing stops you from doing that even when there is no lockdown

But the forced stay at home for the whole country is destroying the economy completely
While having limited effect on stopping the virus

Ian Reynolds

Get rid of all these bloody lockdowns and give us our vaccines, between the looting, blatant theft and corruption by our "government" the economy is in the shithouse and will only get worse with prolonged lockdowns. SIMPLE really.............. you afraid of the virus STAY the F...k at home.

Genesistt

I voted Other, because what's the point of changing the lockdown level when the rules of lockdown doesn't get enforced, regardless of level.

GrootP

End all lockdowns immediately, they don't work!
This thing comes and goes in waves as we have been told by the experts so just surf the wave :cool:

Napalm

Expert Member
And the rest? I run my own hairdresser, but **** me in the eye, you back a piece of **** governement that dictates that I cannot operate and put food on my table or pay my 5 staff?

GFY and your crackdown. Fair?
I get what your saying... no one likes restrictions. Heck do you think i want to just sit indoors and stare at the 4 walls. Watching paint dry?

Covid is a bastard... people are suffering and dying of this thing. If they do a hard lockdown, which ideally should try to be avoided. If the people would just listen and follow the regulations... then harder lockdowns would not be required. Affecting your business or everyone's livelyhood.

But that 5-10% ballsuckers. The few is causing the problems affecting the many. Affecting the economy if we have to hard lockdown to Lvl4 or 5. They go to friends and family and party as if this virus does not exist. Then when multiple people are infected, infecting even more people as they visit other folks. Some of them end up in hospital. Not all will perish, but some will. It's still taking up a Hospital bed and oxygen.

If they just listened... things would not be as bad.

Same like alcohol industry... look what they did. They were advertising, telling people not to drink too much and party too much, and try to comply with regulations so that sales can still occur and business stay open. Right it's limited to mon to thursday 9am to 6pm or something like that, but the sales can happen, people can work. They trying to make a way. Cause they know. If people get reckless and things escalate, things will go back to full ban.

We don't want full ban, just like we don't want Lvl4 or 5.

But look at Gauteng, you think lvl3 will suffice. The beds are already full, hospitals can't cope and oxygen is hard to get.

Not an easy situation.

ljw1304

Lockdown should be level four in hot spot areas, but it could be too late. Wearing masks over mouth and nose and social distancing must be enforced as much as possible. No social gatherings of more than four people. Alcohol only sold before noon and not on Fridays and weekends. Bars are to close. Restaurants only to cater for take-aways, as people remove their masks.

Cage Rattler

I've personally know 3 people that had the vaccine too.. and all 3 got sick.. all 3 ended up in hospital. All 3 ended up in ICU. All 3 on ventilator. All 3 died.

2 was J&J , 1 was pfizer
Firsthand knowledge of one person who was healthy. Vaxxed last Monday, hospital by Thursday and passed on Sunday. Another friend was lucky, only paralyzed on righthand side of body for one day after vax, luckily it cleared up for her.

Brawler

Honorary Master
Firsthand knowledge of one person who was healthy. Vaxxed last Monday, hospital by Thursday and passed on Sunday. Another friend was lucky, only paralyzed on righthand side of body for one day after vax, luckily it cleared up for her.
Funny you mention this, the most risk I have probably had over the last 18 months was probably in the 3-hour queue for the vaccine.

mak2000

Expert Member
When?

C19 is seasonal, like the 'flu. Why? Because the immune system relies on vitamin D. In summer, the sun is strong, the air is warm, people spend time outside with the sun on their skin. As soon as a cold snap hits, people put lots of clothes on and shut themselves indoors by a heater. This quickly leads to vitamin D deficiency, immune system stops working so well, they get sick with whatever is going around.

Soooo... cold front hits SA, a few weeks later, like MAGIC, C19 is back.
Does seasonal Flu cause increase in positive COVID test results?

Napalm

Expert Member
0.01% of the population died thus far.... this was obviously one massive overreaction.
So hospitals in JHB more than 100% of Hospital beds being occupied is not a serious matter?

They must be overreacting that also. Remember, regardless of death rate which is again around 150-200 per day again. The fact is , that if the hospitals are flooded and not enough staff or doctors or beds or oxygen. That is where "ball gets dropped". The mistakes come in, people not getting the care they should be getting. You cannot monitor 10 people at once. You cannot do 10 people's jobs at the same time. So if you all of a sudden get flooded with patients and everyone needs attention. Somewhere there's going to be mistakes made or people will die that would have survived if there were sufficient beds, sufficient oxygen and enough staff to cover the influx.

I guess they imagining all of that.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
So hospitals in JHB more than 100% of Hospital beds being occupied is not a serious matter?

They must be overreacting that also. Remember, regardless of death rate which is again around 150-200 per day again. The fact is , that if the hospitals are flooded and not enough staff or doctors or beds or oxygen. That is where "ball gets dropped". The mistakes come in, people not getting the care they should be getting. You cannot monitor 10 people at once. You cannot do 10 people's jobs at the same time. So if you all of a sudden get flooded with patients and everyone needs attention. Somewhere there's going to be mistakes made or people will die that would have survived if there were sufficient beds, sufficient oxygen and enough staff to cover the influx.

I guess they imagining all of that.
Triage - plain and simple.

No need to lock the entire country down when all you need to do is not admit a couple of thousand to hospital.

Paulsie

Expert Member
I get what your saying... no one likes restrictions. Heck do you think i want to just sit indoors and stare at the 4 walls. Watching paint dry?

Covid is a bastard... people are suffering and dying of this thing. If they do a hard lockdown, which ideally should try to be avoided. If the people would just listen and follow the regulations... then harder lockdowns would not be required. Affecting your business or everyone's livelyhood.

But that 5-10% ballsuckers. The few is causing the problems affecting the many. Affecting the economy if we have to hard lockdown to Lvl4 or 5. They go to friends and family and party as if this virus does not exist. Then when multiple people are infected, infecting even more people as they visit other folks. Some of them end up in hospital. Not all will perish, but some will. It's still taking up a Hospital bed and oxygen.

If they just listened... things would not be as bad.

Same like alcohol industry... look what they did. They were advertising, telling people not to drink too much and party too much, and try to comply with regulations so that sales can still occur and business stay open. Right it's limited to mon to thursday 9am to 6pm or something like that, but the sales can happen, people can work. They trying to make a way. Cause they know. If people get reckless and things escalate, things will go back to full ban.

We don't want full ban, just like we don't want Lvl4 or 5.

But look at Gauteng, you think lvl3 will suffice. The beds are already full, hospitals can't cope and oxygen is hard to get.

Not an easy situation.
What is the song by Rianna.... Round and round and round we go...??