Votes: 61 15.7%
  • No - lower it

Votes: 77 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 39 10.1%

• Total voters

netstrider

Expert Member
Some people in SA are reported to have contracted it three times. Was said by Netcare or Discovery guy in an article on Mybb IIRC.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Lockdowns have worked so far, so must be raised immediately. Why wait until all hospitals are full.
Hospitals are already full apparently, and they don't work. If they did the hospitals wouldn't be full. Get with the program.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Some people in SA are reported to have contracted it three times. Was said by Netcare or Discovery guy in an article on Mybb IIRC.
With the unreliability of the testing (especially last year) resulting in droves of false positives, I would take it with a pinch of salt.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I agree.

What I do think though is that if you've contracted it three times and survived all three times then presumably your chances of dying from it is extremely low to non-existent.
The powers that be will probably still insist on vaccinating you though.

Lupus

Honorary Master
What you mean they dont work? Lockdowns have worked in every country.
Sure they have, i mean look at those numbers, I mean just look at the numbers where the lockdowns worked...

MeestaR

Expert Member
You couldn't in the first three weeks, but after that it gradually opened up a bit more and you could, I got a whole PC on the 1st of April thanks to Wootware.
My birthday was around early Apr, but still my mother could only get "essentials" at PnP. All the other shops was closed. :-(

Lupus

Honorary Master
Now that the virus has spread the only option is for more stringent lockdowns. Clearly, Level 3 is not enough if the numbers are still rising.
Really? Really? The virus has spread, which means it's out there already, locking it down isn't going to fix it.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Really? Really? The virus has spread, which means it's out there already, locking it down isn't going to fix it.

Beyond that... What lockdown exists in our most densely populated areas?
You know those areas that the police try and avoid as much as possible....

Lupus

Honorary Master
Beyond that... What lockdown exists in our most densely populated areas?
You know those areas that the police try and avoid as much as possible....
Yup and according to most of them, this is still a white mans disease, yet Tembisa hospital is packed?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Lockdown will contain the spread and bring it under control as it has done in the past lockdowns.
You really think that? Wow okay... Yeah lockdowns sorted it out, so we must lockdown and when we reopen panic cause the virus spreads again.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Speaking of which, back when lockdown started in March 2020, nobody could buy a replacement part or cellphone or whatever what was considered "non essential" ANC killed the economy right there.
I could not even buy a SSD for work purposes. Had to make do with a old HDD. Lockdown levels and restrictions is now just a rule of thumb. Most people is flouting it nowadays.
You then got the tenderpreneurs who just pocketed the tender money and vanished into thin air.

Then today, I saw a poster outside PnP, encouraging people to get vaccinated. (Made by DoH) Yeah well, it surely helps to go and "vaccinate", while .8% of the country is vaccinated, nobody gives a flying scht when it comes to vaccinations, government knows best.

You know, if medical schemes were allowed to obtain their part of the vaccines back then, I'm sure the percentage of people vaccinated would have been in the double digits. Viva ANC.

So no, keep lockdown where it is. The cold season is the main cause of this covid spike. /Tell me otherwise/
I knew covid will come back faster, stonger, harder in winter time.

Until then, I will keep on drinking my IVM.
1. The virus is not seasonal.
2. If seasonality spreading becomes apparent refer to rule one.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You have to think that the people we know who are sick and dying have only themselves to blame. They could have "locked down" themselves, without the Government forcing them to.

I personally will be avoiding crowds for the next 2 weeks. I don't need Cyril to baby me.
Besides he is pretty useless at burping babies anyway.