Is MS Outlook for real?

SAguy

Executive Member
My wife is on a Windows machine and uses Microsoft Outlook for mail.

Since she's a consultant she has a few mailboxes in her Outlook, and one of them is set as primary.

Now she's no longer working on that client (which was the primary mailbox) her login has been deactivated. They had some or other mfa window thing that still pops up when she opens outlook, I think it may be the Microsoft authenticator.

As soon as she opens outlook the old client's mfa screen pops up, she can't click off it or get into outlook at all because it's deactivated by the client.

Now the logical thing to do is to remove that mailbox account from her outlook, but here's the joke... it doesn't look like Outlook let's you remove a primary account without deleting ALL your other accounts first. So pretty much you need to remove everything from Outlook every time you just want to remove your primary account.

Why on earth can't you just change it?
And why should you need to delete all your accounts just to remove one?

RedViking

Nord of the South
I would highly recommend she contacts MS if she has a business account. They have always managed to solve my issues.

Neville Bailey

I would simply delete or move the primary account’s data file into a different folder and then open Outlook and then see what happens.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
^ How the **** does a farmer that gets up at 4am to milk cows know the answer to this question ??????????? :oops:

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
^ How the **** does a farmer that gets up at 4am to milk cows know the answer to this question ??????????? :oops:
I've been doing pc support and building since 1991. Most of my working life I have lived in the middle of nowhere so have learned to do everything from electrics to pc repair to mechanics to making bread. I did work as a network administrator in the UK for a few years in between.

Oh and I had to use it just the other day when I reloaded a pc for someone and needed to setup Outlook. I didn't have their log on details for their email but had their .pst . Outlook 2019 won't allow you to use it without setting up an email account unless you use /PIM