IS News Server down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhh cached files i love them, thnkz 4eva got earl, u made my life so much easier ;)
 
wats the best NZB client to get?
i have grabit but i dont really like it........and i had newsleecher but i had the trial version and only after the trial period ended i decided to go find a key........and everytime i enter the key it says it was a success and that i must restart newsleecher. open newsleecher again same message asking for a key. i tried everything i could think off couldnt get it to work!
 
I have tried everything I can find over a period of 6 months and newsleecher seems the best. It has nzb pickup functionality too. Ultraleecher looks good too, but I have had issues with it not starting downloads when opened.

I have found that I barely get corrupt downloads like I used to with grabit. Have a look for rarslave - it will automatically unrar and repair all downloads in a specified folder when run it (I have it scheduled).

You can set newsleecher to pause the par2 files except for the small ones, which you can use to check for curruption. If there is corruption, unpause the par2 files.

The only newsleecher I have found that doesn't do that stupid register thing is NewsLeecher.v2.0.RC4.Beta.11.
 
wats the best NZB client to get?
i have grabit but i dont really like it........and i had newsleecher but i had the trial version and only after the trial period ended i decided to go find a key........and everytime i enter the key it says it was a success and that i must restart newsleecher. open newsleecher again same message asking for a key. i tried everything i could think off couldnt get it to work!
Including paying for it? :confused:
 
lol ;) no laws about piracy in SA yet... are there? *block ears*
 
i guess posting about keys etc on a public forum want a very good idea :p
 
anothr question: how i resume a incomplete download? cos i open the nzb file it saves to the same folder as the incomplete files, but instead of comtinuing to download them it saves new files with '.1' added on the end.......:(

I have found that I barely get corrupt downloads like I used to with grabit. Have a look for rarslave - it will automatically unrar and repair all downloads in a specified folder when run it (I have it scheduled).

You can set newsleecher to pause the par2 files except for the small ones, which you can use to check for curruption. If there is corruption, unpause the par2 files.

The only newsleecher I have found that doesn't do that stupid register thing is NewsLeecher.v2.0.RC4.Beta.11.

how does 'corruption' happen? normally i just cancel the PAR files and leave everything else to download. with ultralecher it automatically chooses whether to download the PAR files so i let it be........but wit grabit i have no idea when to get the PAR files or when not to? sometimes i get rar files that dont xtract properly, is that what PAR files are there to fix? how do i go about fixing them?
 
Last edited:
Wow! the Servers must be working like clockwork now cause No one has posted other wise in DAYS! :P

SOme feedback please?

How are they going at the moment? Top speeds? How many connections? Which server?

Lets take this one to 1000! lol

Style

ps. Come one zig ;)
 
im busy getting jackass 2 :D..... cant comment on speed atm cos IS only unshaped after like 7 (i think?)
 
i'm getting 20kb/s from my 384 line. 8 connections..no missing files ..so far so good..but then again ziglet will say my speed sucks compare to his 4MB line :P
 
i never have missing files i always download the par files just in case :)

solid 30 for the last 7 days running
 
Cached speeds have been awesome, got some new episodes yesterday(during the day) at 400kb/s. Uncached around 150kb/s during the day and 250kb/s at night.

No missing files,only a few articles here and there but i think that happened when they were posted ;)

Quite happy with the downloading...

Now im just waiting on these "NEW" services that IS were suppose to be coming out with at the end of last month for the "4mbit" users...
 
i never have missing files i always download the par files just in case :)

solid 30 for the last 7 days running
You might as well just download the single par2 file and save the added traffic. 30+mb per shot can add up.
 
What I always do is cue up the file with all par files and them set them to download from a "dummy" server with 0 connections. This way I don't have to remove them from the cue until I'm sure that the file is in tact.

WOW: loving FF2's spell checker :D
 
Cached speeds have been awesome, got some new episodes yesterday(during the day) at 400kb/s. Uncached around 150kb/s during the day and 250kb/s at night.

No missing files,only a few articles here and there but i think that happened when they were posted ;)

Quite happy with the downloading...

Now im just waiting on these "NEW" services that IS were suppose to be coming out with at the end of last month for the "4mbit" users...

yoh you should be happy.....im only getting 40kbps atm :( on 4 mbps line thats like getting 5kbps on a 512 :(
 
Getting good speeds seems to a bit and miss affair for me. Sometimes is blazing and others like now is stuck at 30kbs. Suppose its better than not working at all.
 
Cached speeds have been awesome, got some new episodes yesterday(during the day) at 400kb/s. Uncached around 150kb/s during the day and 250kb/s at night.

No missing files,only a few articles here and there but i think that happened when they were posted ;)

Quite happy with the downloading...

Now im just waiting on these "NEW" services that IS were suppose to be coming out with at the end of last month for the "4mbit" users...

How can one tell the difference between cached files on the server and un-cached?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X