Is Telkom's 10210 down?

cn@

Expert Member
Or is just me?

Don't they like me?
I think Telkom hates me.

Anyway, long story short. My monthly debit order is a R100 less than it should be to cover my account.
My debit order was actually fine till about 2/3 years ago when I upgraded but my debit order amount was never increased also.​
This have been adding up a R100 per month for a year or so till this morning my account was R1300 outstanding. Last night they disconnected my internet. Yes, it was my fault. I just paid the outstanding amount through my cell phone app about an hour ago.

Now do you think it is as easy to just call them, speak to someone in the accounts department, and have them reconnect my service???

No, you thought right, it's not that easy.

Telkom's main 10210 and 10213 service is down. All they say is phone back later.

Last edited:

cn@

Expert Member
Now how is it possible for a colossus like Telkom, whose business it is to peddle with phone lines, to have their main line broken?

"D"

Last night they disconnected my internet. Yes, it was my fault. I just paid the outstanding amount through my cell phone app about an hour ago.
If you paid via the Telkom app/portal (with a credit card or a debit card) you will be reconnected automatically by Tuesday 2 June, instead of Thursday 4 June.
However, if you paid via your banking app or any 3rd-party payment app ... then good luck until Thursday. :ROFL:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hi,

Unfortunately all our systems are down as we had a malware attack. So we cannot assist right now I do apologise, I will try see how far it is. Have you perhaps tried the call centre

Kind Regards,

So ransomware I guess.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Now how is it possible for a colossus like Telkom, whose business it is to peddle with phone lines, to have their main line broken?
Took them 15 years to get naked adsl going so not surprised.

"D"

@Gtx Gaming

Telkom support line 081180 is also down.

Within the Telkom app/portal you can try to initiate a chat session.

If your browser is updated, you can also start a chat session on www.telkom.co.za but they have substantially obscured the clickable link for that! (Scroll to the bottom of the main landing page, click on Connect then click on Talk To Us then scroll all the way down again and click on Chat To An Agent. This will open a new window to initiate a chat session, but IF you get a reply it will only be during business hours, or Saturday mornings.)

"D"

Screenshot_20200529-154925.png

Last night they disconnected my internet.
Oh f@ck Oh f@ck Oh f@ck ... what is going to happen to you NOW?!? :eek: Hello ... are you still there?!

Update: No update from him/her! Probably finally went outside - who knows?

cn@

Expert Member
No worries.

I paid my outstanding amount when I was at work.

When I got back home, my Internet was up and running again.

rustypup

Isn't Telkom currently doing furious battle with ransomware?

I'd forget getting anything out of them for the next week.

Spamhater

I`m having problems with my router PPPoE not working an red light on the router , however DHCP is still working perfectly and I can go online.
Been trying calling telkom but no reply at all .Can someone explain what is the difference between PPPoE and DHCP.

Vades

I'm on a 20Mbps 100GB ADSL package with Telkom. Reached my cap yesterday so used pre-paid to top up via their website as I've done before in the past, R271 for 100GB.

My credit card transaction went through and my card was debited, however they have not added the data to my account.

I am unable to log any sort of query/complaint as everything seems to be down. No "chat" service available, cannot log faults via app or any other means, cannot contact their call centre.

I guess I'll just have to do with 0.2Mbps today, as my monthly 100GB bundle should kick in tomorrow. This also means that I don't need the 100GB prepaid anymore for now... I can see how this is going to pan out.

• Sad