Is there a problem with Webmail.co.za?

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
I just checked mine and it worked but did give a warning about users unable to access their accounts

jezzad

I registered a webmail account back in 1999 I think...

I remember a couple of years ago I couldn’t access it and re-registered, once the new registration was done all my emails were still there.

Pretty much use webmail for signups and spam

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
I registered a webmail account back in 1999 I think...

I remember a couple of years ago I couldn’t access it and re-registered, once the new registration was done all my emails were still there.

Pretty much use webmail for signups and spam
It's also my go-to account for signups. There's a bunch of spam that used to actually come from them, though. I noticed you couldn't add certain mails to the spam filter

LetsDance

I have two gmail accounts - one for spammish material and the other one for people and business communication whom I can trust not to spam.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
I have two gmail accounts - one for spammish material and the other one for people and business communication whom I can trust not to spam.
I also have two. Unfortunately it is often people in my trusted list that adopted poor practice and 'expose' my trusted email, after which a flood of new spam hits me

Kwertie

Howdy folks. Anybody else still having trouble logging into their webmail account? For more than a week now the site has been telling me "cannot log you in" even though I'm certain my password is correct. Of course it's not connecting to the server either in Outlook and complains about the log in details. I tried creating a new account and that is working fine so it looks like the servers are ok. Very puzzling. Of course no word from Webmail support so that's no help.

cpu.

Executive Member
Howdy folks. Anybody else still having trouble logging into their webmail account? For more than a week now the site has been telling me "cannot log you in" even though I'm certain my password is correct. Of course it's not connecting to the server either in Outlook and complains about the log in details. I tried creating a new account and that is working fine so it looks like the servers are ok. Very puzzling. Of course no word from Webmail support so that's no help.
Time to move to a better email service. Gmail or as you mentioned Outlook.
I dumped webmail back in 2005 when I received an invite to join Gmail (was invite only back then).

wmann

Same issue for a week now, can't get hold of support on the number 0116289600. I'm trying to migrate to gmail but some accounts need a verification email sent to my webmail.co.za address first. Hope it's sorted quick so I can leave webmail.co.za for good.

Pirat

I have just phoned webmail.co.za support and the phone was put down in my face. I then phoned the supervisor Mr Kumalo and just got his voice mail. Doubt if he will phone me back. I don't think the support people they have are capable of fixing the problems. They selling advertising to run a free service, maybe we should let them know they are paying for nothing as nobody can access their webmail accounts.

Pirat

This morning my phone was telling me it couldn't sign on to Webmail. I went online to webmail.co.za and tried signing on and it was saying invalid password. Tried clicking on forgot password link, type in my username, and then nothing.

I'm hoping there's a problem with Webmail, and it's not that my account has been hijacked :erm:

Anyone else on Webmail? Anyone else having problems logging on?:confused:
I have phoned webmail support and the support person just put the phone down in my face. I then phoned the supervisor Mr Kumalo and just got his voicemail. " Doupt if he will phone back" . My webmail has been off since beginning of July and get no feed back from support. thier phone number is +27 11 628 9600. Maybe if we keep on phoning we might get results. My personal feeling is that the support staff there have no clue what to do to fix this problem