ISPA’s three wishes

Kevin Lancaster

MyBroadband Editor
ISPA’s three wishes

ISPA has asked for greater competition through open access, an understanding of net neutrality, and a regulator that is equipped to translate policy into practice.

FNfal

Executive Member
How about a fund to build another network instead of bleating all the time .

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
My one wish to ISPA is: Be more like https://www.eff.org/. I am not sure why this is not possible, especially as I would think that as ISPA you should have consumers and ISP's interests at heart in any case. At the moment it does not feel like it.

Necuno

Court Jester
ISPA’s three wishes

ISPA has asked for greater competition through open access, an understanding of net neutrality, and a regulator that is equipped to translate policy into practice.

ISPA is not an entity I would put faith in seeing that they can easily take too long, take the isp side or just dgaf: mweb vs people

MWEB Abuse Notices Complaint
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/555327-MWEB-Abuse-Notices-Complaint

ISPA was no champion of the people:

View attachment 114516
ISPA finally responds
Dismissing the complaint. I am not going to appeal due to the fact that I have already withdrawn the complaint and have taken it as an ICASA matter. Sadly I am not surprised and am not even bothering today to read the reasoning. I will obviously properly read the reasoning and take the matter further with ICASA.

Last edited:

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
same drum people
as long as you don't engage with the content...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Why isn't ISPA saying anything about the Afrihost debacle?

Because,

The Internet Service Providers Association (ISPA) is a South African Internet industry body not for gain. ISPA is a voluntary organisation, representing the interests of its members.

---

All ISPA members are bound by the Association’s Code of Conduct. This Code requires all members to meet certain standards in terms of privacy, consumer protection, spam and protection of minors.

By ensuring that various documents are made available to customers such as a privacy policy, terms and conditions, an acceptable use policy as well as providing a facility for dealing with complaints regarding unsolicited bulk email (spam) and unsolicited commercial communications, confidence is generally instilled in the service providers’ clients.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Why isn't ISPA saying anything about the Afrihost debacle?

You can not expect ISPA (which is paid by their members, being ISP's) doing anything about any ISP's conduct. Their TDN management is a pure joke and the same applies to any complaint process.