Israel a mistake

besides for the typos well done, very nicely summarised.
 
I have to add, israely have this thinking (for some unknown reason) that they are much better than the plain mortals (like us), so this adds to the hate :D

well, I guess this applies to americans as well, but the israely are just overdoing it :D
 
Sorry for the typo's. Just to state that I am not partial to either Israeli's or Palestinians. Do feel what happening in Lebanon is potentially criminal, but who are we to give an opinion on a situation as complex as that in Israel. If anyone could add the thoghts who are closer to the situation. prblem with us is we get info from the international media. You have to sift through BS to get a reflection of complexities on the ground.
 
You have to sift through BS to get a reflection of complexities on the ground.
A very important point indeed - especially when 90% plus of the media reports are erroneous, error-laden or just plain BS.
 
The IDF views Arabs the same way the SADF viewed black people - vermin that should be wiped out.

I served in the SADF under the national service regime. This is definitely not how the SADF viewed black people. Please retract your statement as I consider it hate speech and offencive.
 
Last edited:
This is definitely not how the SADF viewed black people. Please retract your statement as I consider it hate speech and offencive.
Thanks VJB 449 - I also noticed that - and I agree with you.
 
This is definitely not how the SADF viewed black people.

The Commission also found that the conduct of the South African security forces in the region was largely driven by racist factors. It argued, for example, that "it is difficult to believe that Koevoet (the police counter-insurgency unit which operated in northern Namibia) would have been allowed to operate on a bounty basis, or that the SADF would have killed over 600 people, many of them children and women, at the Kassinga camp in Angola, had their targets been white" (vol. 2, pp. 43 - 44). This racism, the Commission felt, was encapsulated in the words with which the SADF camp commander in northern Namibia greeted a new batch of conscripts in 1974: "Boys, hier gaan julle duisende kaffirs doodskiet" ("Boys, here you will shoot thousands of kaffers").

Southern Africa Report Archive
vol 14 no 4

The truth about the region
John Daniel

John Daniel, who until recently, was a Senior Researcher with the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, is currently in the Department of Political Science at the University of Durban-Westville.

http://www.africafiles.org/article.asp?ID=3730





I rest my case.
 
Last edited:
I rest my case.
I was going to add - but then I wasn't part of special forces. (Uum, what regular army sa recruit went to northern namibia for training? Uum none.) Funny thing about koevoet - is they were black!
 
Funny thing about koevoet - is they were black!

And the officer corps as well ???.

But your statement does not matter ... the Nazi employed Jews to police the Warsaw ghetto for them and the concentration camp guards who were tasked to burn and bury bodies before the ovens were Jewish as well but they had much better food and housing than the normal camp inmates.

Also Jacob Zuma's father was a black policeman during Apartheid.

People sometimes do things for benefit of themselves or merely to survive.
 
Well I've reported the post as it is offensive. Please note that the SADF consisted of much more than Koevoet.

If you have a beef with that statement then feel free to contact John Daniel for his resources instead of acting like a certain Minister of Home Affairs who banned things that he did not like reading.

Many black people were on the receiving end of the state organs that enforced Apartheid like the SADF and they don't have the same misguided romantic notions what it did to them.

Perhaps you were in the Navy which were not too bad but you are rather mistaken I reckon.
 
noxibox said:
The IDF views Arabs the same way the SADF viewed black people - vermin that should be wiped out.
This is also completely innacurate on the side of the IDF. You offer no evidence to back up anything you ever say. Where's my evidence that this isn't true you ask? How about the fact that there are Arabs in the IDF!!! If you dont believe me google Herev battalion.

I noticed you edited your post. Good idea. If you would like to contribute here you are most welcome to but please do not recklessly display your unfounded and erroneous opinions as fact.

For the rest of you who think the media is completely unbiased please watch this, its actually really funny (this is not from one of those absurd conspiracy theory websites)
 
Last edited:
This is also completely innacurate on the side of the IDF. You offer no evidence to back up anything you ever say. Where's my evidence that this isn't true? How about the fact that there are Arabs in the IDF If you dont believe me google Herev battalion.

They are Arabs but are Druze muslims who is an offshoot of Islam but who are considered to be "unbelievers" by the Shia and the Sunni.

Thus the reason they are so very close to the Jewish state and why all their males are conscripted to the IDF unlike other Arab Israeli's.

The Druze and Jewish people stood together during the chaos and terror that followed the formation of Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druze
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X