Jacob Zuma FTW!!

st0rm3rs

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
962
Reaction score
1
He is such a chop.

On the TV I see a press conference or something. The people addressing the public are articulate and they use their speech-notes only now and then. They actually look at the people when they talk.

On comes JZ. He READS his whole speech from the notes and only looks up when he pauses between sentences.

I bet he was even using his fat finger to hold his place while he looked up.
 
lol :D

im not saying im a fan, but he is a lot smarter than most give him credit for.
 
Last edited:
Umshimiwami umshimiwami!
That song is the only good thing about comrade JZ! lol
 
He is such a chop.

On the TV I see a press conference or something. The people addressing the public are articulate and they use their speech-notes only now and then. They actually look at the people when they talk.

On comes JZ. He READS his whole speech from the notes and only looks up when he pauses between sentences.

I bet he was even using his fat finger to hold his place while he looked up.

Can I ask what language the speech was being given in?
 
I have also always wondered about choosing a leader with the best public speaking ability. Surely there are more important things than this? We all after all know that none of them write their own speeches but have professionals doing it for them. Surely the way then then present this speech should be of little importance? Presenting the speech without reading the notes surely means way too much time spent studying the speech and way too little actually doing the job you are tasked to do?

GWB is another shocking speech giver and note reader!
 
'twas English

I do sometimes wonder about our criticism, as white people, of black speakers use of our home language. I would hate to see how I would come across if I had to give a speech in zulu or xhosa... notes or no notes.... in fact notes would be impossible to read as I would not know how to pronounce them...
 
If you want to run a country you should at least be able to present a speech.
 
If you want to run a country you should at least be able to present a speech.
If you think of it, thats exactly what he did, only with a black accent, sounds weird, lol. I am never able to listen to this speaches... I fall asleep... but is their grammar and language really that bad? I bet no...
 
JZ's speech writers are excellently attuned to what people want to hear. JZ's speeching skills suck. Maybe we could make the speech writers our president?
 
Where do the speech writers get their info from?? Where does the info come from? The list goes on... in the end we need a president FULL STOP . :D
 
Have you ever watched Tony Blair in the house of commons? It's such a contrast to our speechs. He will stand up to reply and reply "I dont know the exact figures, but our schooling budget has gone up by about 13% over the past quater, proving a greater return on pupils that are able to attend a higher education." *piece of paper is given to blair" "Ah, here, 13.2%"

It gives the impression of leader who cares, and has been through the details. But when you get people who are asked questions, then spend 5mins paging through the notes to find info. Let Zuma do it in native language and let it have little translations on the side, but I want a leaders that can talk well and know whats going on (more or less) in their sections.

Public speaking is a must for leaders, you need someone who is confident, well informed, able to answer important questions and get messages clearly across. We dont want to "wait 2 weeks as we draw up a report" and even be 2 weeks late for a % of annual budget allocted to schools.
 
If you have to read the whole speech like he did, then you don't really know what the speech is about.
It seems like the speech was handed to him just before he went on.
 
Bottom line is they are talking in a language which is not their first language.... would we be happier if he gave all their speeches in Zulu?

lol Lancelot, get what your saying...but

I still don't think JZ is the man for the job
 
I wouldn't worry so much about the way he speaks as much as what he is saying.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X